Ups has a plan in place to replace us if we end up striking.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
3962adec.gif

He is getting trained to replace me on my 1000+ piece pull tomorrow. Go get 'em buddy!

(full gif is too big)

BUCN85

To list a few:

Reduction of benefits
Excessive overtime
Harassment
Filthy work conditions
Pension reform
  • Most of the above result because the company (you) on a daily basis totally disregards the contract(s) that you agreed to.
That is why we are Sick of it.
What type of reduction? I haven't heard anything on this?

Excessive overtime is already addressed with the 9.5 list.

Only the weak are harassed. File a grievance and watch how fast the harassment stops once they see you won't back down.

And I don't know anytnting about pension reform. Again I have not seen any of the proposals UPS has set forth, but wouldn't mind a link that shows what they are proposing.

35years

Gravy route
Again I have not seen any of the proposals UPS has set forth, but wouldn't mind a link that shows what they are proposing.

UPS Contract Negotiations Update

FROM THE LINK ABOVE:
"The company counter-proposal eliminates financial penalties for harassment violations.

UPS’s proposal would give drivers only ten days at the start of the year to opt-in to the 9.5 list. After that, drivers would have no 9.5 rights

Management’s counter-proposals would change the contract to make it harder for members to be paid for supervisors working grievances by requiring members to prove that they were available to perform the work done by the supervisor and impose this restriction in every supplement.

Management’s proposal would allow the company to expand its use of Surepost and give away more of our package delivery work to the post office.

One UPS proposal would allow the company to require all new employees to use their personal vehicles to deliver packages

Another company proposal would allow management to designate up to 20 percent of the routes in each center as a residential route. Drivers on residential routes would be paid at a lower rate.

The company also wants the right to implement Sunday delivery work with the option of using part-time drivers to deliver ground and be required to use their own vehicles...

Here is a list of just some of the givebacks the company is demanding in the various supplements:

• Work weeks of any 5 out of 7 days
  • Work weeks of four 10-hour days or three 13-hour days with no overtime after 8 hours
  • Casual Drivers year-round
  • Part-Time Helpers year-round
  • Part-time Package Drivers
  • Eliminate the day after Thanksgiving as a holiday
  • Expanded use of Temporary Cover Drivers / Utility Drivers
  • increased subcontracting
  • a reduction in guaranteed weekly hours for part-timers"

Ms.PacMan

As to the comment about disproportionate loading of your package cars, I once knew one of your preloaders who told me that if they had a heavy shipment going on a female drivers package car, that they were told to remove it and put it on the nearest pc male driver's route.

We've heard this!

Guys have posted on browncafe quite a few times over the years about not being able to qualify as a driver because of a female!

F

Frankie's Friend

What type of reduction? I haven't heard anything on this?

Excessive overtime is already addressed with the 9.5 list.

Only the weak are harassed. File a grievance and watch how fast the harassment stops once they see you won't back down.

And I don't know anytnting about pension reform. Again I have not seen any of the proposals UPS has set forth, but wouldn't mind a link that shows what they are proposing.
Did you get shoved into teamcare from a better healthcare plan? Thats a reduction.

If you havent paid attention you missed the fact that the 3 out of 5 days of being violated went from a rolling 5 days to a m-friend or t-sat without a language change. This has nothing to do with having spine, at least on the workers side. You should know this.

ski or die

Ski or Die
One UPS proposal would allow the company to require all new employees to use their personal vehicles to deliver packages
Could this be a forerunner in a future contract to have contractual drivers who purchase own vehicles and basically be self employed like some of the other trucking companies.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Residential Routes......UPS loses their ass on delivery 1 or 2 packages to a house.
UPS wants to reduce money spent on wages
Eliminating Financial Penalties for harassment and Supervisors working is a joke.
Good luck with the weak Union that now ia negotiating this contract