UPS hiring tractor trailer drivers off street in Ohio questions

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Buckeye80, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Buckeye80

Buckeye80 New Member

According to UPSjobs, these aren't seasonal and are straight full time driving jobs in Maumee and Cleveland. I'm currently with UPS Freight driving doubles and have been there for 8 years, but I see the subcontracting getting worse and the writing is on the wall as they would love to replace us.

Are these the same as feeder drivers?

Would I be hired at the same rate under the previous contract or fall under the new two tier system?

Any idea on the expected hours?

Tractor Trailer Driver at UNITED PARCEL SERVICE

Thanks

2. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

There is no new contract....so you would be hired under the current contract which has been extended

3. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

Feeder drivers don't have a 2 tier wage. You would have to go through progression, though.

4. Quickdraw

Quickdraw Member

You'll have to go through the 4 year progression. I'm in Ohio not cleveland/Middleburg but I go there often but I can't speak to how busy they are but we're busy as :censored2: south of there

5. Rick Ross

Rick Ross I'm into distribution!!

@BigUnionGuy Just because you aren't seeing greivances doesn't mean abuse of contractors isn't happening. Can you tell this poster what they should be filing grievances on to see ye best results?

I would think Toledo would be a good place to take a shot if you're coming in off the street. That building runs a lot of volume.

Good luck!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  6. Mack37

Mack37 Member

I think we’re going to see more and more full time hiring off the street. I’m seeing more and more places in desperate need of feeders and package guys just aren’t interested anymore.

My hub has been running feeder orientation for seasonals every Monday since May! They need to rework the system though. Even though the odds of going full time are good, they really put the screw to the on call guys and the training just isn’t up to par. I’d say 2 out of 10 stay past a month.

7. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

I talk to a guy who works around that area every night. I'll ask.

8. TheMachine

TheMachine Are you sure you want to punch out?

Wish it was like that here. Three year wait list.

9. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

22.4 Feeder jobs coming soon. Just vote yes.

10. Poop Head

Poop Head rubber bands on the handle

Hahahahah! I can see it now. Feeder drivers in the load, sitting down on the loadstand, administering insulin

11. Quickdraw

Quickdraw Member

Are you claiming the contract is ok in package and ok in feeders? But acknowledging that it's sucks else where?

12. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

All I'm saying is, once you open that door, how do you stop it? It sucks for package. Lets stop it in its tracks.

13. Quickdraw

Quickdraw Member

You couldn't pay me what Dennis is getting paid to vote Yes on this contract

14. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

Yes they are hiring off the street in many buildings up there.

15. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, tell us more.

16. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

Can you keep a secret?

17. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

My lips will be sealed around it.

18. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

I have no doubt.