UPS hiring tractor trailer drivers off street in Ohio questions

Buckeye80

According to UPSjobs, these aren't seasonal and are straight full time driving jobs in Maumee and Cleveland. I'm currently with UPS Freight driving doubles and have been there for 8 years, but I see the subcontracting getting worse and the writing is on the wall as they would love to replace us.

Are these the same as feeder drivers?

Would I be hired at the same rate under the previous contract or fall under the new two tier system?

Any idea on the expected hours?

Tractor Trailer Driver at UNITED PARCEL SERVICE

Thanks

Quickdraw

You'll have to go through the 4 year progression. I'm in Ohio not cleveland/Middleburg but I go there often but I can't speak to how busy they are but we're busy as :censored2: south of there

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I'm currently with UPS Freight driving doubles and have been there for 8 years, but I see the subcontracting getting worse and the writing is on the wall as they would love to replace us.

@BigUnionGuy Just because you aren't seeing greivances doesn't mean abuse of contractors isn't happening. Can you tell this poster what they should be filing grievances on to see ye best results?

I would think Toledo would be a good place to take a shot if you're coming in off the street. That building runs a lot of volume.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Mack37

I think we’re going to see more and more full time hiring off the street. I’m seeing more and more places in desperate need of feeders and package guys just aren’t interested anymore.

My hub has been running feeder orientation for seasonals every Monday since May! They need to rework the system though. Even though the odds of going full time are good, they really put the screw to the on call guys and the training just isn’t up to par. I’d say 2 out of 10 stay past a month.

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
I think we’re going to see more and more full time hiring off the street. I’m seeing more and more places in desperate need of feeders and package guys just aren’t interested anymore.

My hub has been running feeder orientation for seasonals every Monday since May! They need to rework the system though. Even though the odds of going full time are good, they really put the screw to the on call guys and the training just isn’t up to par. I’d say 2 out of 10 stay past a month.

Wish it was like that here. Three year wait list.