UPS is starving drivers and mass are quitting!

thewarlocklord

I’m not sure if this is happening anywhere else but here in Utah centers are losing drivers every week! one center in Moab Utah lost 20 drivers last week because they are dispatching drivers with 14 hour days and laying off 20+ drivers a day.

UPS is screwed by June if people keep quitting because you won’t have enough cover drivers for summer

Last edited:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Sad the hear that, if only there was a way to let the company know your displeasure of the current operating procedures via a medium that employees communicate through with a democratic system with repercussions if the majority agree with your stance.

One can only hope we could have something like this…..

thewarlocklord

Are you part of the group of 14hours or layoff
I dare them to do that here.
I’m feeder out of a building in Utah. I have friends who are package car drivers, and Management won’t even let the senior guys take a layoff to help the lower guys. They are straight up being 🤬 holes

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I’m feeder out of a building in Utah. I have friends who are package car drivers, and Management won’t even let the senior guys take a layoff to help the lower guys. They are straight up being 🤬 holes
Tactic to thin the herd if or when volume goes down maybe
I wouldn’t put it passed them

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I’m not sure if this is happening anywhere else but here in Utah centers are losing drivers every week! one center in Moab Utah lost 20 drivers last week because they are dispatching drivers with 14 hour days and laying off 20+ drivers a day.

UPS is screwed by June if people keep quitting because you won’t have enough cover drivers for summer

Are the 20+ 22.4’s (presume) taking the unemployment benefits or bumping into the Hub?

The Company really, really hated it when you decide to collect unemployment.

JL 0513

I haven't seen a single driver quit in the 16 years I've been here. Not exactly easy to find another 6-figure job that needs no special education.

Cheesypurpletees

They do this every year February through April. Nothing new

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Quitting? Doubt it, especially if you have seniority.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
No, management quits, not seniority drivers. If drivers are quitting, they're likely 1st or 2nd year.
I'm sure these fools, that is, newbies, will have zero trouble finding another $100k plus a year job with plenty of vacation tine, full benefits and pension?

FromOffTheStreets

We're only a 50 driver center. We've had about 10-12 quit (not retire) in my 8 years. 3 had almost 20 years in, the rest were 2 years or less.
Just have to decide how bad you need the $ or for how long. Get debt free & build a decent savings then you can leave