UPS is starving drivers and mass are quitting!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
tRLfUxbN4uah.gif

Commercial Inside Release

UPS posted a job opening for parcel delivery driver in Moab, last night. $21\hr... No market rate adjustment.

(They also reconfigured their site to use a tracking hash, to figure out who is posting the damning behaviors of UPS HR\Management, and probably punish him.)

Over70irregs

I’m not sure if this is happening anywhere else but here in Utah centers are losing drivers every week! one center in Moab Utah lost 20 drivers last week because they are dispatching drivers with 14 hour days and laying off 20+ drivers a day.

UPS is screwed by June if people keep quitting because you won’t have enough cover drivers for summer
Why aren’t they filing 9.5’s?

Brownwind

See I wasn’t lying.. 20 drivers quit. Majority of the package drivers are in their 20s with young families in Utah. They can’t afford to be out in this market.
I can relate. Remember to protect your location and identity. Most don’t understand the realities of country life.

Figure out what you need for your situation and work to attain it. Once you work within the rules to your advantage you got it.

DOK

I’m feeder out of a building in Utah. I have friends who are package car drivers, and Management won’t even let the senior guys take a layoff to help the lower guys. They are straight up being 🤬 holes
Quite opposite here, they’re doing everything they can to keep the lower seniority working, older guys taking days, bulk trips being built etc. Back when I started in the late 80’s we just put up with the day to day layoffs and slow times, just waiting for our chance, nowadays not so much.

DOK

I'm sure these fools, that is, newbies, will have zero trouble finding another $100k plus a year job with plenty of vacation tine, full benefits and pension?
The younger generation just doesn’t have the patience to wait around for that.

kforte36

The younger generation just doesn’t have the patience to wait around for that
That is true for most, but not all younger drivers. But now there is not any certainty that for them the 22.4 language will ever be removed making what wally described a pipedream.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
I skipped everything except for the first post fyi.

Utah seems to be in shambles. I work with some jc3 guys and their union sounds pretty bad and management is taking full advantage. It’s a bunch of freaking nonsense. Utah sucks butts.

DOK

That is true for most, but not all younger drivers. But now there is not any certainty that for them the 22.4 language will ever be removed making what wally described a pipedream.
I could see the 22.4 position remaining if the position was used as written originally in the contract, half of their shift in the working in the building.

kforte36

I could see the 22.4 position remaining if the position was used as written originally in the contract, half of their shift in the working in the building.
O'Brien is supposedly working to remove it as his biggest issue, at least from what he says. But who knows.