Ups karma

Brownsocks

Just a dog
So today i had to go shuttle some packages and misloads around and also deliver some things, in total about 300+ miles of driving. Before i leave i ask if i could load up one of the new trucks because i worry about the older ones reliability, especially with how much driving i had to do, and they said no, so they put me in a crappy manual.

Fast forward in time and my truck dies on the highway and needs towed. 1 200 dollar tow later and they finally bring me the new truck i asked to load in the first place, i also got to wait for an hour and a half while the tow showed up, thats more money out of their pocket as well.

Now because of that i cannot pick up ground from 2 of the stops or deliver the misloads to the drivers and i end up having late air on one of them all of this because they didnt want to let me use the new truck because i know all of our manuals are :censored2:, but they just keep fixing them.
We pick our own pc's in that situation here. If I asked my ORS what pc to take he would think I was high on crack.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Your sups are that incompetent?
Incompetent? There is nothing incompetent about telling someone to go grab a pc and run misloads.
I would think incompetent would be needing your ORS to hold your hand and pick a pc for you.
I dont have to be told how to do my job and dont have the time to waste getting permission for simple stuff like which pc to take.

Incompetent? There is nothing incompetent about telling someone to go grab a pc and run misloads.
I would think incompetent would be needing your ORS to hold your hand and pick a pc for you.
I dont have to be told how to do my job and dont have the time to waste getting permission for simple stuff like which pc to take.
If I saw a new car in the lot, I would ask if I could take it. It may not be road ready yet. It might not even be our car. It might be scheduled to be driven to a center near by.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Of course i did, I'm not complaining about the pay, I'm complaining about how they cant give us proper equipment to do our jobs correctly, if they did that, it would make their life and my life easier, instead of giving me something hanging on by a thread, because a multi billion dollar company can't afford to give us new trucks because of a budget. Or uniforms for that matter, supposedly all uniforms are on back order for months and its all about seniority. So i will be wearing the same worn out shirt and pants until they tell me i cant anymore. If they expect me to get certain things done then i expect them to give me the tools to get it done safely and efficiently.

Show up in a pair of red sweatpants one morning

Guarantee they will find you some browns

Ask me how I know this

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not how it works
I don't have to takw my meal break if I break down
I always coded it Brokedown on Road
I took my meal between my 3rd and 6th hour per the contract.

Let's assume that the breakdown occurred at the 1st hour and was resolved at the 3rd hour. Are you telling us that you would sit there for the 2 hours and then take your meal break, effectively putting you 3 hours behind? Would you at least spend part of the time that you are idle to sort your pkg car?

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Let's assume that the breakdown occurred at the 1st hour and was resolved at the 3rd hour. Are you telling us that you would sit there for the 2 hours and then take your meal break, effectively putting you 3 hours behind? Would you at least spend part of the time that you are idle to sort your pkg car?
Yes I was paid by the hour.
I wouldn't touch a package during my breakdown timw either.

I cannot control mechanical failures and when they happen.
Couldn't have cared less about any of the asinine metrics they tracked me with

If you don't get your delivery or pickup because I am brokedown.....not my problem.

MC0493

Last time i was broke down my ors told me to take lunch and i'm like uhh no. No place to eat where i am "oh i thought you brought lunch". Nice try, i did atleast sort my truck while i waited. Back door was stuck open, mechanic came and cut the cables and 20 minutes later i was rolling again.

IESucks

So today i had to go shuttle some packages and misloads around and also deliver some things, in total about 300+ miles of driving. Before i leave i ask if i could load up one of the new trucks because i worry about the older ones reliability, especially with how much driving i had to do, and they said no, so they put me in a crappy manual.

Fast forward in time and my truck dies on the highway and needs towed. 1 200 dollar tow later and they finally bring me the new truck i asked to load in the first place, i also got to wait for an hour and a half while the tow showed up, thats more money out of their pocket as well.

Now because of that i cannot pick up ground from 2 of the stops or deliver the misloads to the drivers and i end up having late air on one of them all of this because they didnt want to let me use the new truck because i know all of our manuals are :censored2:, but they just keep fixing them.
Just another day at UPS

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Thanks for sharing ... get it out and off your back because it is out of your control.

Serenity Prayer
Grant me the
serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If you know that you are going to be sidelined for at least an hour you should most definitely take your meal break.
Oh hell no... especially since this kid asked for the new truck... afaic ups wasted his time and they let down some of the customers......what would happen if YOU wasted ups time and let down some customers because you have multiple late air....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Thanks for sharing ... get it out and off your back because it is out of your control.

Serenity Prayer
Grant me the
serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Maybe smoke a doobie after the prayer???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Oh brother...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yes I was paid by the hour.
I wouldn't touch a package during my breakdown timw either.

I cannot control mechanical failures and when they happen.
Couldn't have cared less about any of the asinine metrics they tracked me with

If you don't get your delivery or pickup because I am brokedown.....not my problem.
Don’t argue with him.... his whole existence when he walks through those doors at work is to make sure he does everything and anything in his power to look the best as he can on the work operations report....period

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don’t argue with him.... his whole existence when he walks through those doors at work is to make sure he does everything and anything in his power to look the best as he can on the work operations report....period

Nope.

My "whole existence" is to provide the best service that I can to my customers in the most efficient manner for my employer.

Sitting on the side of the road doing absolutely nothing for two hours and then sitting for an additional 45 minutes for my meal break is not my idea of taking care of both my customers and my employer.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Nope.

My "whole existence" is to provide the best service that I can to my customers in the most efficient manner for my employer.

Sitting on the side of the road doing absolutely nothing for two hours and then sitting for an additional 45 minutes for my meal break is not my idea of taking care of both my customers and my employer.
Like I said above.... oh brother