Ups karma

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Nope.

My "whole existence" is to provide the best service that I can to my customers in the most efficient manner for my employer.

Sitting on the side of the road doing absolutely nothing for two hours and then sitting for an additional 45 minutes for my meal break is not my idea of taking care of both my customers and my employer.
Wasting the 45 minutes I could use to play with my kids to provide bad service is a no go for me. What ever happened to work ethic? I dont run and gun but I bust my ass because thats what a MAN does.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Considering you make more than the workers at 99% of the buisnesses we service it isnt hard to take your lunch while idle.
I worked at a sawmill making 10.00 an hour and we broke down constantly. I didnt sit on my ass waiting for someone to fix it, I helped or grabbed a shovel and started clearing dust or chipping slabs.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
They are so cute at this stage ^^^^
This stage? Im 40 years old and worked since i was 14, so Its safe to say it isnt a stage.
The fact is this is physically one of the easiest jobs I have ever done. You should try logging, saw mill work or cleaning horse :censored2: from stables for 8 an hour. You might learn an ethic.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
This stage? Im 40 years old and worked since i was 14, so Its safe to say it isnt a stage.
The fact is this is physically one of the easiest jobs I have ever done. You should try logging, saw mill work or cleaning horse :censored2: from stables for 8 an hour. You might learn an ethic.
He doesn't mean this stage of life. He means this stage of a UPS worker. UPS will bend you over and :censored2: you in any way they can, even in many ways you won't even know are happening. They will lie to your face, and do things just to spite you while making it look as much as they can like it's "nothing personal, just business".

You're not dealing with your everyday employer at UPS. This company deserves no cooperation, no leniency, and no ethic from you because in the end it will do nothing for you here but :censored2: you over. If things like having ethic and doing a good job are important to you, I suggest you get out like I did because you're not doing yourself any favors.

542thruNthru

Now tell us how you walked up hill both ways and how you had the hardest pull on preload.
giphy.gif

Brownsocks

Just a dog
He doesn't mean this stage of life. He means this stage of a UPS worker. UPS will bend you over and :censored2: you in any way they can, even in many ways you won't even know are happening. They will lie to your face, and do things just to spite you while making it look as much as they can like it's "nothing personal, just business".

This company deserves no cooperation, no leniency, and no ethic from you because in the end it will do nothing for you here but :censored2: you over. If having ethic and doing a good job is important to you, I suggest you get out like I did because you're not doing yourself any favors.
I understand that, but damn near every company is the same way. Pension, 36.50 hour and free health should be enough to compensate most ill treatment.

Imagine a job where senority doesnt matter and you will see this job is better than almost any other blue collar job in this country. The Union is a good thing and if we ever lose their protection then you will have a reason to complain. Management or union driver we all wear a UPS crest on our chest.

You're not dealing with your everyday employer at UPS. This company deserves no cooperation, no leniency, and no ethic from you because in the end it will do nothing for you here but :censored2: you over. If things like having ethic and doing a good job are important to you, I suggest you get out like I did because you're not doing yourself any favors.
Everybody has different experiences. Some more than others. I contend that this attitude tends to wash people out.

This company deserves no cooperation, no leniency, and no ethic from you because in the end it will do nothing for you here but :censored2: you over. If things like having ethic and doing a good job are important to you, I suggest you get out

You apparently were stuck in a poor state during your limited time.

sikidiki

The above post reminds me of one of my senior co workers about to retire, the regional sup came in and asked him a few questions about how can younger drivers save their knees and joints by following the safe work methods, he replied "you cant, i've followed the methods the entire time, its :censored2:. The look on the face of the area sup knowing hes gonna retire soon was priceless.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Considering you make more than the workers at 99% of the buisnesses we service it isnt hard to take your lunch while idle.
I worked at a sawmill making 10.00 an hour and we broke down constantly. I didnt sit on my ass waiting for someone to fix it, I helped or grabbed a shovel and started clearing dust or chipping slabs.

Nope it gets coded as Brokedown on Road.
I took my meal between the 3rd and 6th hour per the contract.
Not when/if I break down.

Not my problem when I brokedown. I got paid by the hour.

Tony Q

So today i had to go shuttle some packages and misloads around and also deliver some things, in total about 300+ miles of driving. Before i leave i ask if i could load up one of the new trucks because i worry about the older ones reliability, especially with how much driving i had to do, and they said no, so they put me in a crappy manual.

Fast forward in time and my truck dies on the highway and needs towed. 1 200 dollar tow later and they finally bring me the new truck i asked to load in the first place, i also got to wait for an hour and a half while the tow showed up, thats more money out of their pocket as well.

Now because of that i cannot pick up ground from 2 of the stops or deliver the misloads to the drivers and i end up having late air on one of them all of this because they didnt want to let me use the new truck because i know all of our manuals are :censored2:, but they just keep fixing them.
Logistically you can't fix stupid. Stupid is as stupid does.

sikidiki

I think diesel will last longer than gas truck.

our center has about 5 or so older manuals that are literally hanging on for dear life. The odometer has rolled over multiple times on these vehicles, they are from the early 80s and every week i hear they are getting crushed because of the breakdowns, but they just try fixing them and they still break down every week.

specter208

our center has about 5 or so older manuals that are literally hanging on for dear life. The odometer has rolled over multiple times on these vehicles, they are from the early 80s and every week i hear they are getting crushed because of the breakdowns, but they just try fixing them and they still break down every week.
What kind of components breaking down on these trucks? I was also referring to a gas truck will probably need an engine rebuild sooner than a diesel. We have an International 4700 with the 7.3 T444e 800k Miles and spicer 5spd. It my favorite truck because it is our last manual at my center.

MC0493

800k miles, i've never seen anything close to that. Highest i've seen is like 350k. Currently in service at our building it's only stuff in the 200's