UPS Local 135 Rider passes

Stonefish

It's all over TDU.ORG now.
I love how these anti-tdu guys just love to slam tdu for not being fast enough to get us this information, when the international keeps us in an informational black out.
The information is on the IBT website also. You should look at it.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
The information is on the IBT website also. You should look at it.
You mean the teamster.org statement of:
UPS Local 135 Rider Passes
The UPS Local 135 Rider has passed by a vote of 551 to 357. Four supplements and riders have yet to be resolved.

That is all that is on there. You should be thanking TDU for bringing us this new information. That's is why I like TDU.
You, Stonefish, must love being in the dark from the teamster brown out they are so used to giving us.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
It's all over TDU.ORG now.
I love how these anti-tdu guys just love to slam tdu for not being fast enough to get us this information, when the international keeps us in an informational black out.

I'm not "anti-TDU" -- I was criticizing them (and IBT) for not being on the ball with a supplement passing (or vice versa with IBT) as they are when one gets shot down.

Reading comprehension is important. Books are good.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
It looks like there were many improvements. It looks like they get to keep their superior traditional insurance; Aetna for Dental and Vision and Blue Cross for medical. Many more improvements over the garbage national agreement.

There's nothing pertaining to H&W in the Local 135 Rider. 135 will be in TeamCare like everyone else, except Locals 177/Western Conference/Local 100 (?) in Ohio.

realbrown1

I'm not "anti-TDU" -- I was criticizing them (and IBT) for not being on the ball with a supplement passing (or vice versa with IBT) as they are when one gets shot down.

Reading comprehension is important. Books are good.
You're not anti-tdu? Could have fooled me.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
You're not anti-tdu? Could have fooled me.

TDU does a better job of informing members of day-to-day events than IBT and their "Vote No" campaign won solid improvements in healthcare from the TeamCare trustees that we probably wouldn't have seen otherwise. The carve outs (Western Conference/L177) really weren't that much of an improvement and aren't much to brag about.

They also put IBT on notice about the less-than-stellar contract they pushed by mobilizing people to vote it down and generated an enormous amount of pressure on the leadership. This is only the second contract negotiation I've been through and the difference between '08 and '13 were night and day. That's a good thing and they should have tried to build on it. Instead, they're (I don't mean to sound monolithic here by implying Fred Z., the L623 guys that narrowly lost their e-board election, and TDU are in complete lockstep here -- Local 89 has some legitimate issues they need to resolve, but the entire atmosphere is tainted..) holding up supplements over healthcare when that issue was already decided in the NMA. The L623 guys are probably the worst perpetrators of this from what I've seen posted online.

At the end of the day, the continued dragging out of the supplements is only serving to piss off the part-timers that don't really have an idea of what's going on. 90% of the PT workforce doesn't have a clue about TDU or the politics at play here; they just think "the union" isn't getting the job done and it's holding up "their" raise; while it's not as big of a deal for the FT guys, there are some folks that are in situations where that extra $10-15/week could make a difference. It's also forcing a number of retirement-age members from leaving, which would open up some FT jobs and high-seniority PT preferred jobs. Millions of dollars in H&W contributions that could be benefiting the TeamCare plan (and maybe even win some improvements for members working at other companies) financially aren't being made.

Stonefish

You mean the teamster.org statement of:
UPS Local 135 Rider Passes
The UPS Local 135 Rider has passed by a vote of 551 to 357. Four supplements and riders have yet to be resolved.

That is all that is on there. You should be thanking TDU for bringing us this new information. That's is why I like TDU.
You, Stonefish, must love being in the dark from the teamster brown out they are so used to giving us.
No you are wrong all of the Supplements and/or Riders are on the IBT website. Thank TDU for what trying to destroy good paying union jobs I think not. You Realbrown1 must be drinking the koolaid

realbrown1

No you are wrong all of the Supplements and/or Riders are on the IBT website. Thank TDU for what trying to destroy good paying union jobs I think not. You Realbrown1 must be drinking the koolaid
I guess if you can't argue facts, then just throw stones.
What good paying union jobs am I trying to destroy?

Stonefish

I guess if you can't argue facts, then just throw stones.
What good paying union jobs am I trying to destroy?
Get your tissue out and wipe your tears you made the first comment (threw the first stone).
I didn't say you (unless you are TDU) then I would say you are trying to destroy the union.

realbrown1

Get your tissue out and wipe your tears you made the first comment (threw the first stone).
I didn't say you (unless you are TDU) then I would say you are trying to destroy the union.
You are deluding yourself if you believe that. I said many times that I am not a member of tdu.

Stonefish

Throwing (unless you are TDU) into a statement is an accusation. Isn't it?
So enlighten us poor fools, how is TDU trying to destroy good paying union jobs?
I am assuming you are an adult and that you go to their website. Read it and please enlighten me as to one good thing they say about the union because I haven't read anything that remotely promotes union's it only tears them apart. There are never solutions to the problems just criticism. I am speaking from experience we had TDU running our local. Attorney's were writing grievances for the TDU business agents, they were negotiating contracts for the TDU business agents and our legal fees were over $120,000 per year. There were more things than that but those same people are quick to criticize the IBT instead of getting behind them to make a difference and make a positive impact. Tell me 1 positive thing they have said about our leadership at the IBT. You have to admit whether you are satisfied with this contract or not you have to admit the IBT and their leadership have done some things right. So if you think I don't like TDU for trying to destroy my Union, my job at UPS and the well being of my family just to be clear for you I do not like TDU.

realbrown1

You just don't want to hear anything that goes against what you already beleve.
Like a good nazi should.

Stonefish

You just don't want to hear anything that goes against what you already beleve.
Like a good nazi should.
You have yet to respond intelligently to my post #33 which is typical.
So as you put it you are trying to throw stones.
Stop it your going to hurt my feelings.
Oh yea use spell check before you try to slam someone genius.

realbrown1

You have yet to respond intelligently to my post #33 which is typical.
So as you put it you are trying to throw stones.
Stop it your going to hurt my feelings.
Oh yea use spell check before you try to slam someone genius.
I am typing this on my phone. So sorry that I forgot an (i).
And remember you're brainwashed nazi credo, either you're right and there's no point in discussing it, or you're wrong and there's no point in discussing it.