UPS MAN SHOT

We have been using Helpers the last few weeks because of excessive volume. Besides the Amazon Prime sale, it’s also back to school time. My Hub was planning on using Helpers today since Wednesday is our heaviest day, but a 7:00am decision was made to cut them out today. The shot driver was probably working out of the original Atlanta Hub off Marvin Miller Drive. I did not recognize his name.
I hope he is ok

clean hairy

I am surprised this has not happend on a frequent basis during Peak.
Rental truck pulls up to a house, at 9 PM or later, some guy wearing dark clothing or a yellow vest walking up to a house is a receipe for disaster.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Probably made sure he punched out before the ambulance took him away. In all seriousness, I hope the driver will recover 100%, physically and mentally. No one ever comes to work thinking they are going to be shot while delivering.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
News this morning said our driver's condition is stable. No suspects caught, neighbors heard two gunshots. There had been previous gunshots around that house before. Looks like a nice neighborhood. I'm guessing gang related.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Was the driver even involved in the previous delivery?
That’s the thing I thought of first. The way routes change all the time the perp might have been mad at the wrong driver. Neighbor said a lot of cars go in and out of the driveway at all hours, sounds like a drug dealer. I think it was a gut wound, our driver should survive.

Last edited:
That’s the thing I thought. The way routes change all the time the perp might have been mad at the wrong driver. Neighbor said a lot of cars go in and out of the driveway at all hours, sounds like a drug dealer. I think it was a gut shot, driver should survive.
Maybe his drug shipment got intercepted and he is blaming the driver?