UPS MAN SHOT

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
News this morning said our driver's condition is stable. No suspects caught, neighbors heard two gunshots. There had been previous gunshots around that house before. Looks like a nice neighborhood. I'm guessing gang related.
Hopefully the police have the slug as evidence.

MattM

I'll admit. I didn't read the article too in depth. My bad.

I'm generally talking about the 'get off my lawn' types. Kids getting shot walking across a front lawn. People in distress knocking on a door at midnight bloodied getting shot. Lots of shoot first, ask later older white dudes. I assumed wrong.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We have been using Helpers the last few weeks because of excessive volume. Besides the Amazon Prime sale, it’s also back to school time. My Hub was planning on using Helpers today since Wednesday is our heaviest day, but a 7:00am decision was made to cut them out. The shot driver was probably working out of the original Atlanta Hub off Marvin Miller Drive. I did not recognize his name.
We have been filing non stop over the use of helpers the past two weeks so Rodney put an end to helpers in our building this week

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Maybe his drug shipment got intercepted and he is blaming the driver?
That was always a worry for me. Especially when they dont tell you, so you can at least be aware, or take the package and dont take it out of the board....there you are..searching the truck...and you know they are watching you....

That was always a worry for me. Especially when they dont tell you, so you can at least be aware, or take the package and dont take it out of the board....there you are..searching the truck...and you know they are watching you....
Just like when my sup says double park and block the street, don't worry about people getting mad

People will shoot your for be reason...

oldngray

nowhere special
There are areas you definitely don't want to be after dark. This shooting happened in the afternoon though.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
There are areas you definitely don't want to be after dark. This shooting happened in the afternoon though.
One of many reasons i retired early. The added so much more inner city, and at the end of day. Didnt mind as long as it was daylight, and i could be aware of my surroundings..night in the hood...nope

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I wonder where that info came from, none of the local news here that I’ve seen have provided any info on the gunman... fox 5 and all say unknown
This was how our PCM started, that Center is next to mine but out of a different building. We were told to not get into a confrontation with an irate customer over a delivery. I have no idea of any other details right now.

WTFm8

We have been filing non stop over the use of helpers the past two weeks so Rodney put an end to helpers in our building this week

Lucky you. My local agreed to let the company use helpers and supervisors run partial routes and meet/take 20-30 stops off “To help the drivers” cause of the workload and heat.