UPS Management Complaining AGAIN.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Yep like a stupid deer in the headlight... Like I stated on here a few days ago mgt has told us that we should be exiting out the drivers side door if we only have 1 or 2 pkgs...and that this is the new method that has been taught in new in road sup classes...even though they have always told us not to do this because of it being a safety issue....
I was told many years ago to exit out the closest door. Only recently were we told to go out the right door and around the back.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Yep like a stupid deer in the headlight... Like I stated on here a few days ago mgt has told us that we should be exiting out the drivers side door if we only have 1 or 2 pkgs...and that this is the new method that has been taught in new in road sup classes...even though they have always told us not to do this because of it being a safety issue....

Orion guy used to be an on car sup an told me delivering out the drivers side is part of the methods. Wasn't when I started.

Box Ox

My orion guy closes my bulkhead. I ask him WTF he is doing especially since we aren't getting out of the truck. He says you need to close it for safety reasons.

What kind of safety reasons? I can think of a bunch of reasons you'd want to keep it open when stopped. Mainly based upon keeping an exit open in case anything happens. Left your FOB up front and there's nobody home at the dock, car nails you while you're stopped, fire in back, serial killer who works there jumping into the back, etc. But none for closing it at a dock.

If there is a good reason I haven't thought of I'll start doing it.

a911scanner

Although I completely agree with all, there is 1 safety reason I know of to close the bulkhead door at a dock pu/stop. Google Minneapolis UPS driver Accent Signage. He left his bulkhead door open during pu and that was supposedly how the criminal gained access.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
My bulk head door broke today so it was open for about an hour and a half til they came to fix it...wonder if they'll write me up lol
My bulk head door broke today so it was open for about an hour and a half til they came to fix it...wonder if they'll write me up lol
Wonder if telematics told the mechanics that the door was going tits up and to get someone ready to come out on a service call because this was the actual intention of having telematics, to prewarn the shop about issues before they happen.... RIGHT????