UPS Management Complaining AGAIN.

10 point

Huh? There has to be a DIAD linked to the PC for that PC to show up on Telematics. Driving around the yard with the doors open will not show up on a report.
They were talking about the original, intended reason telematics was created.
This is a recent change and is intended only for small packages.
Many of the newer small truck's steps are absolutely not big enough to exit the vehicle without sliding down them. (Hence the post from IVE on the previous page.)
Whenever I have a mechanical issue that may affect my Telematics data I will always send a messag letting my mgt team know. They hate surprises.
DVIR works just as well unless it's an emergency situation.
I laugh when they ask drivers about something that shows up on the report and the driver replies "Did you check my DVIR? It's written up. Did you fix it?"
The clueless blank stare tells the whole story.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They were talking about the original, intended reason telematics was created.

Many of the newer small truck's steps are absolutely not big enough to exit the vehicle without sliding down them. (Hence the post from IVE on the previous page.)

DVIR works just as well unless it's an emergency situation.
I laugh when they ask drivers about something that shows up on the report and the driver replies "Did you check my DVIR? It's written up. Did you fix it?"
The clueless blank stare tells the whole story.

As I said, my mgt team hates surprises and I would rather than give them a heads up then have a sit down the following morning.

ManInBrown

Yep like a stupid deer in the headlight... Like I stated on here a few days ago mgt has told us that we should be exiting out the drivers side door if we only have 1 or 2 pkgs...and that this is the new method that has been taught in new in road sup classes...even though they have always told us not to do this because of it being a safety issue....
They can write me up every day. I will never do that

moldsporh

Once it gets warm, keep a thermometer in the back, one that reads at least 140 deg since 120 deg is easily surpassed.

Next time your sup mentions anything about the bulkhead staying open, you tell them you need airflow when looking for misloads. Then call OSHA and tell then the back of your package car gets between 120 and 140 deg and has basically zero ventilation.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Once it gets warm, keep a thermometer in the back, one that reads at least 140 deg since 120 deg is easily surpassed.

Next time your sup mentions anything about the bulkhead staying open, you tell them you need airflow when looking for misloads. Then call OSHA and tell then the back of your package car gets between 120 and 140 deg and has basically zero ventilation.
Is working in 120 to 140 degrees with no ventilation an OSHA violation?