UPS Management is so heartless

Ihatebrown

I have never worked for a company more cold hearted than UPS. When my father passed in 2003 I called in and the first thing my manager said was bring in proof from the funeral home so I could get paid for bereavement leave. No sorry for your loss, no how are you doing, no nothing.

Last week a driver who has been with the company for 26 years, his wife passed away, no condolence, no sorry for your loss, no card, no flowers no nothing. When he came back to work not one Manager, Supervisor, On road supervisor none of them said anything to him. This is one of their best drivers, never complains always comes to work just a nice guy all around.

I guess he's too brown to be shown any human decency, I guess shouldn't be surprised I witnessed so many despicable managers at this company, so I shouldn't be surprised.

Est.1998

I have never worked for a company more cold hearted than UPS. When my father passed in 2003 I called in and the first thing my manager said was bring in proof from the funeral home so I could get paid for bereavement leave. No sorry for your loss, no how are you doing, no nothing.

Last week a driver who has been with the company for 26 years, his wife passed away, no condolence, no sorry for your loss, no card, no flowers no nothing. When he came back to work not one Manager, Supervisor, On road supervisor none of them said anything to him. This is one of their best drivers, never complains always comes to work just a nice guy all around.

I guess he's too brown to be shown any human decency, I guess shouldn't be surprised I witnessed so many despicable managers at this company, so I shouldn't be surprised.
I've seen similar at my hub.
I, as well as my co workers, personally will express condolences to the affected individual. Sometimes even collecting money and giving a card.
Management is the enemy anyway, i wouldn't expect anything less.

Ihatebrown

He must have a terrible center......either way if I was him I’ll file FMLA and short term to sock it to them
He's already back to work, he was out for about 3 weeks...... This whole building is terrible to be honest..... A few years ago a driver died, during peak, they kept making his route heavier and heavier every day, he was a driver a driver that was always back to he building by 7, even during peak. This particular week they loaded up his route and he coming back every night around 10ish... he collapsed and went into a coma and died. He told them his route too heavy, he had over 300 stops that day. He was with the company for 19 years in his 40's. Not one supervisor attended the funeral.

KOG72

I’m full of it
He's already back to work, he was out for about 3 weeks...... This whole building is terrible to be honest..... A few years ago a driver died, during peak, they kept making his route heavier and heavier every day, he was a driver a driver that was always back to he building by 7, even during peak. This particular week they loaded up his route and he coming back every night around 10ish... he collapsed and went into a coma and died. He told them his route too heavy, he had over 300 stops that day. He was with the company for 19 years in his 40's. Not one supervisor attended the funeral.
Damn!!!

tech209

That’s :censored2:ed up....put 300 on me and I’m walking,taking all breaks , and both lunches

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Fear of retribution from the family no doubt.

SandSpida

I told a supervisor that if I die while employed at UPS, I didn’t want him or anyone from management to attend my funeral. I can still picture the look of shock on his face when i said it. I don’t think he realized how much hate some of us drivers felt towards management.

Thebrownblob

That sucks, I agree but don’t put your worth into what management thinks about you. When they violate your contractual right file
A grievance, When you get hurt get a lawyer, it’s not personal, it’s business.

Last edited:

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider

We send our nicest tractor to lead the procession when a feeder driver passes away. That tractor will be parked at the front entrance of UPS for two weeks with the drivers name in the window. There are usually at least 100 drivers in attendance at the funeral. A few years ago, a sleeper team domiciled out of my hub crashed in Texas, both perished. Every year on the anniversary they put out a wreath and candles with their names on it.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
We send our nicest tractor to lead the procession when a feeder driver passes away. That tractor will be parked at the front entrance of UPS for two weeks with the drivers name in the window. There are usually at least 100 drivers in attendance at the funeral. A few years ago, a sleeper team domiciled out of my hub crashed in Texas, both perished. Every year on the anniversary they put out a wreath and candles with their names on it.
Our managers and drivers were actually pretty good. Lot of attendees at funerals. had 2 drivers kill themselves.
Pretty good size funerals. most management there.
A couple managers died of heart attacks.
Pretty good turn out at funeral.

We have a pretty good sized hub also.
Being retired I have still showed up at a couple if I knew about them.

Ihatebrown

Two days for me
this is normal in center, well kinda of especially during Peak, a lot of my drivers go out with high 2's and 3's with a Helper....which a lot of them don't even want helpers because it says it slows them down, but year I have seen drivers go out with over 300 stops during christmas for some a normal day was 250.

Ihatebrown

Our managers and drivers were actually pretty good. Lot of attendees at funerals. had 2 drivers kill themselves.
Pretty good size funerals. most management there.
A couple managers died of heart attacks.
Pretty good turn out at funeral.

We have a pretty good sized hub also.
Being retired I have still showed up at a couple if I knew about them.
3 drivers in my building have killed themselves

Ihatebrown

WOW that awesome. I am happy to hear this. This is how it should be.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
3 drivers in my building have killed themselves
sad. In both cases at our hub it was not work related. One was family problems.
The other may have been an accident. Using cough syrup with pain killers? something like that.
But it was a well known fact the driver had severe depression.

One of the managers died of a heart attack at age 50. I felt bad because I yelled at him about something.
he was actually not a bad guy for a manager. He had a heart......meaning that he cared.

Those type of guys never last. They either die or go out on stress leave and quit.

Pretty sad that this company believes everyone is expendable.

rod

Retired 22 years
I have to admit that when both my Mother and Dad died when I was working UPS stepped up to the plate. They sent flowers, had someone attend the funerals and gave me all the time I wanted off. It must be a small center thing. On the other hand we had a center manager whos Dad died at the height of peak and the idiot who filled in for him made the comment to us during the AM meeting that he couldn't have been a very good Dad--dying during Peak like that.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I have to admit that when both my Mother and Dad died when I was working UPS stepped up to the plate. They sent flowers, had someone attend the funerals and gave me all the time I wanted off. It must be a small center thing. On the other hand we had a center manager whos Dad died at the height of peak and the idiot who filled in for him made the comment to us during the AM meeting that he couldn't have been a very good Dad--dying during Peak like that.
that was back at the turn of the last century....

Last edited: