UPS Management is so heartless

Returntosender

The "family" stuff is a typical manipulation technique. It's basically code for: work overtime for free, endure worse work conditions, get asked to come in at unexpected times, etc. "[Insert :censored2:ty request outside the job description.] We need you to do this. We're family, right? Family supports each other!" No, :censored2: you, we don't share profits, this isn't a family. On the positive side, you probably dodged a bullet.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
The "family" stuff is a typical manipulation technique. It's basically code for: work overtime for free, endure worse work conditions, get asked to come in at unexpected times, etc. "[Insert :censored2:ty request outside the job description.] We need you to do this. We're family, right? Family supports each other!" No, :censored2: you, we don't share profits, this isn't a family. On the positive side, you probably dodged a bullet.
"Come and be part of our family" is just about everywhere you see a help wanted sign.
Gone forever are the days when you came to work, did the job ( if you didn't, you got fired), got paid to do the job, clocked off, and went home. The job(it sucks, but that's why it's called a job) wasn't your life, it did not define who you were, there wasn't fake bulls:censored2:t and dancing. Sucks were easily targeted and rightly harassed and they took it. If you wanted a special bathroom to trans in, you would have been laughed out of the center.

Last edited:

Over70irregs

Screw their hearts. They are trained in psychological manipulation. This site has historical records of dealing with them. Their heart is made of money so you snatch it from them. Then store it accordingly. Man up…….

beatupbrown

Had a driver move to a new route they loaded that dude down went from 85 to 95 stops to 200ish. He had some minor accidents mirrors bent he was really pushing it hard to get all the work down they really hammered him on the accident. I kept telling him this is not a 9 to 5 job take lunch get a pace that your body can handle. He was in his 50s I called him hero he basically had a nervous breakdown and quit after 25 years.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Had a driver move to a new route they loaded that dude down went from 85 to 95 stops to 200ish. He had some minor accidents mirrors bent he was really pushing it hard to get all the work down they really hammered him on the accident. I kept telling him this is not a 9 to 5 job take lunch get a pace that your body can handle. He was in his 50s I called him hero he basically had a nervous breakdown and quit after 25 years.
Our methods and pace shouldn't change with the stop count. They will lower the dispatch with enough service failures and 9.5 violations.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

"So the Company Won"..:tiesmiley:

Over70irregs

That could have been me. This company will keep pushing, and unless you push back they will eventually roll over you. I have a problem with being pushed.
I would not load truck til last minute. Be the last truck to leave. Page in all late nda. Take hour lunch. Page in stop coming back. Take second lunch Page in 9.5 status. Rinse Repeatedly

Brown Buddy

UPSnBrowns
I told a supervisor that if I die while employed at UPS, I didn’t want him or anyone from management to attend my funeral. I can still picture the look of shock on his face when i said it. I don’t think he realized how much hate some of us drivers felt towards management.
Suppose to be 1Team!

DOODAH502

I have never worked for a company more cold hearted than UPS. When my father passed in 2003 I called in and the first thing my manager said was bring in proof from the funeral home so I could get paid for bereavement leave. No sorry for your loss, no how are you doing, no nothing.

Last week a driver who has been with the company for 26 years, his wife passed away, no condolence, no sorry for your loss, no card, no flowers no nothing. When he came back to work not one Manager, Supervisor, On road supervisor none of them said anything to him. This is one of their best drivers, never complains always comes to work just a nice guy all around.

I guess he's too brown to be shown any human decency, I guess shouldn't be surprised I witnessed so many despicable managers at this company, so I shouldn't be surprised.
That experience is way different than mine. Extremely so. I won't name names, but I worked in TN at the WHITN hub as many things during my stretch, including PT Sup. Retired as feeder driver. When I was in package, my wife was diagnosed with stage 2-C ovarian cancer on Memorial Day. I called my manager to let him know, and that I might not be in Tuesday. I ran home to check on our dogs about 3 miles from this local hospital. Before I got back, he was already there with my wife for probably 15 minutes. Bent over backward to make sure I had all the time off I needed. Of course, we had to burn through vacation days to make some of that happen, but compared to the alternative, no problem. Then, when I was staying at the hospital with her nearly around the clock most days, both he and his wife came to our house and fed and pottied our dogs. He was an :censored2: at work, but when the chips were down a completely different person. Asked my permission to explain to my co-workers if he could tell them where I was and what was going on, because they were asking about me. Me and him are still friends and we are both retired.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
When I started driving for UPS multiple people in my hub kept staring at me. Eventually I asked why. I was told a few months before I started there was a driver at UPS who looked like me. He was always pushed by management to go faster and his numbers were insane, doing multiple days of work everyday. Despite this management kept trying to get him to go even faster, improve further. Eventually, he shot himself in the head and died due to the stress.
Are you sure he didn't die from the bullet?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
That experience is way different than mine. Extremely so. I won't name names, but I worked in TN at the WHITN hub as many things during my stretch, including PT Sup. Retired as feeder driver. When I was in package, my wife was diagnosed with stage 2-C ovarian cancer on Memorial Day. I called my manager to let him know, and that I might not be in Tuesday. I ran home to check on our dogs about 3 miles from this local hospital. Before I got back, he was already there with my wife for probably 15 minutes. Bent over backward to make sure I had all the time off I needed. Of course, we had to burn through vacation days to make some of that happen, but compared to the alternative, no problem. Then, when I was staying at the hospital with her nearly around the clock most days, both he and his wife came to our house and fed and pottied our dogs. He was an :censored2: at work, but when the chips were down a completely different person. Asked my permission to explain to my co-workers if he could tell them where I was and what was going on, because they were asking about me. Me and him are still friends and we are both retired.
You should sell that story to the hallmark channel.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
I have never worked for a company more cold hearted than UPS. When my father passed in 2003 I called in and the first thing my manager said was bring in proof from the funeral home so I could get paid for bereavement leave. No sorry for your loss, no how are you doing, no nothing.

Last week a driver who has been with the company for 26 years, his wife passed away, no condolence, no sorry for your loss, no card, no flowers no nothing. When he came back to work not one Manager, Supervisor, On road supervisor none of them said anything to him. This is one of their best drivers, never complains always comes to work just a nice guy all around.

I guess he's too brown to be shown any human decency, I guess shouldn't be surprised I witnessed so many despicable managers at this company, so I shouldn't be surprised.
Sounds about right. UPS is unlike any other environment in the known universe. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.

You should come work for the railroad! I got fired for deploying two times! 3 years after too!!!!