UPS Map Nav and Orion

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
it’s a nightmare without the cradle, good with it

PDS are whining so hard that they have to fix the EDD now

of course instead of hammering down on them or giving them support to actually fix things, we are just chasing discipline on drivers

classic UPS

WTFm8

It’s almost 2019. I want heads up display and a built in speaker for turn-by-turn and bluetooth connect for music.

A884A407-B9E2-4ECC-B837-230E02E62891.jpeg

542thruNthru

It’s turn by turn that automatically comes on when you cradle it, no more scrolling through Edd when it’s in the cradle. It automatically starts up GPS (5 seconds each time) to the top stop or the one you bookmarked. If you’re like me and don’t follow Edd you have to bookmark each stop or the stop that shows up will be the one it generates directions for.

Here’s he kicker, there’s a report they use to make sure you’re using it, that every stop you go, you must ultilize the map directions, if not, it doesn’t count towards your 100% compliance which they have already brought people in the office for.

It gets even better, cradle the DIAD on the wrong stop, it takes 5 seconds to generate direction, uncradle it, takes 3ish to come out of “cant use the buttons mode” then you bookmark the right one, take another 5 seconds to load the turn by turn, then you drive to the stop, repeat the “wake up mode” of 3 seconds, scan and deliver.

All of this crap does absolutely nothing for anyone who knows the area they are delivering in, but one more step in your daily routine.

Did I mention that if your stop is two houses down, you are forced to generate directions for it? It’s especially fun when ORION has you running a neighborhood backwards.

Hey @Jackburton If you have this in your center. Do you mind taking a pic and posting it. I'd really like to see what it looks like.

Thanks

Heavy Package

How do you get it to do directions not for the next stop? Example: A stop is not on the car, you don't want to go do a pickup at that time, etc? How do you scroll down and get that stop to give you the navigation?

Overpaid Union Thug

I started using mine the other day. It's not easy getting the DIAD out of the grade. Definitely takes two hands. Hopefully that's just a break in period. I tried using the USB port on the side to charge my cell phone but it only pushed out enough juice to keep the percentage the same as when I started (while streaming music to my bluetooth though) and the DIAD has to be in the cradle.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Hey @Jackburton If you have this in your center. Do you mind taking a pic and posting it. I'd really like to see what it looks like.

Thanks
54D67284-80D6-4178-B684-53F8CA44AB38.jpeg

Blocked out the bottom, that shows the address, the shelf number is listed up top along with piece count. When you get to the address it will beep at you, letting you know you’re there. When it’s cradled you can’t use any functions. There is also an overhead view you can use outside of the cradle also.
D5A5A91C-96EE-469F-8D15-53FE9CAFFF55.jpeg

You can pick what stop you want it to give you directions to by bookmarking it, otherwise it goes from the top of the list.

542thruNthru

View attachment 236696
Blocked out the bottom, that shows the address, the shelf number is listed up top along with piece count. When you get to the address it will beep at you, letting you know you’re there. When it’s cradled you can’t use any functions. There is also an overhead view you can use outside of the cradle also.
View attachment 236698

You can pick what stop you want it to give you directions to by bookmarking it, otherwise it goes from the top of the list.

Thank you sir. I do appreciate it.

Saca La

What is it?
View attachment 236696
View attachment 236698

:censored2: that. They throw me out on the blind too much for me to follow a gps. Looks very unsafe too. I mean I’m sure once I hit top pay, I won’t mind following their gps and doing high traffic areas on high traffic times.

JL 0513

There's no way I'm going to chase this new metric of initiating gps for every stop on routes that I know where every last house is. I can't wait for them to enforce such a ridiculous metric. Imagine forcing guys who have been on a route for 15 years to use GPS for each stop? Hilarious.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
There's no way I'm going to chase this new metric of initiating gps for every stop on routes that I know where every last house is. I can't wait for them to enforce such a ridiculous metric. Imagine forcing guys who have been on a route for 15 years to use GPS for each stop? Hilarious.
Don't think they won't do it if it can help justify their job for another year.

bumped

While in the cradle it initiates the gps automatically when the package car is running for the next stop.

Yes, its a major distraction.