UPS mechanics-are you Teamsters or IAM?

Ifixbrokenthings

Nor/mal, I identify as default settings
I've got some questions about the difference for skilled labor being represented by Teamsters or IAM. Were covered right now by teamsters and there is a local IAM. I'm thinking for what we do, the better representation would be with the IAM. If you dont want to respond on here as to not ruffle feathers, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I'm aware it could be either. I just feel like Teamsters is a joke anymore and especially with mechanics being skilled labor, Teamsters is really not the best body for representation
Now you did it! How high is your deductible?
sydney-smashed-the-car.jpg

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
I've got some questions about the difference for skilled labor being represented by Teamsters or IAM. Were covered right now by teamsters and there is a local IAM. I'm thinking for what we do, the better representation would be with the IAM. If you dont want to respond on here as to not ruffle feathers, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks

I am in the IAM but if you go one state further south you run into teamster shops.

From what I can tell our pension has a better payout (looks to be about double the payout) the last statement I got claimed 98 percent funding.

We still have 30 and out any age and we also have 62 no penalty with 20 years of service.

We in local 447 also get an annuity paid for by the company on top of our pension.

Health insurance and other medical is through team care now.

."oldngray, post: 3985591, member: 45230"]The mechanics here are in with aerospace workers union. I didn't think that was the same as IAM.

Aerospace workers union is the IAM

Maplewood

Thanks
UAW out here, pension is way underwater. Alot of our mechanics have switched to freight jobs since they have class A already. Beats subsidizing the already retired out if your paycheck every week I guess.

Ifixbrokenthings

Nor/mal, I identify as default settings
You realize a lot of drivers would argue with you about UPS mechanics being skilled.

When people bitch about what I do I either say, "you can apply for the job and good luck" or "let's swap jobs...I bet I could do yours and I highly doubt you could do mine"