UPS medical marijuana policy

SLW

Ok, since Wally brought up weed, I've been curious about this even though it's moot point for me since it's not an option in my state. What is the UPS policy regarding drivers who have an MMJ prescription? What's DOT's position?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
The guidelines for drug use are outlined in the national master agreement. Keep it under
Substance Initial Test Level (ng/mL)
Marijuana Metabolites 50

SLW

The guidelines for drug use are outlined in the national master agreement. Keep it under
Substance Initial Test Level (ng/mL)
Marijuana Metabolites 50
I saw that, but it seems like that's for Feeders? Plus there's common boring RX stuff on there like Adderall which would have to be OK.

SLW

Oh found this in the Master:
"A driver is allowed to use a controlled substance (except for methadone) only when taken as prescribed by a licensed medical practitioner who is familiar with the driver’s medical history and assigned duties."
Guess that answers my question.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
"A driver is allowed to use a controlled substance (except for methadone) only when taken as prescribed by a licensed medical practitioner who is familiar with the driver’s medical history and assigned duties."
You have to make sure you are not prescribed a medication on the dot prohibited list. You can still be fired if you drive while taking a prohibited prescription

rod

Retired 22 years
So all you have to do is find the same quack who wrote you a pass to grow a beard awhile back before Carol said it was ok?

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
If UPS tested their PC drivers, they'd lose like half of them. Don't even get me started on PTers. Evidence of weed easily found in the parking lot. I even walked into the restroom in the center that smelled of the icky sticky.

Made brown

While having a prescription for a controlled substance makes it legal, there are different schedules of controlled substances. Marijuana just so happens to be a schedule 1 drug.

Schedule I drugs have no currently accepted medical use and aren’t considered safe to use even under medical supervision. They have a high potential for abuse and dependency.

Marijuana falls into Schedule I.
It cannot be legally prescribed at the federal level.
While marijuana remains illegal just ask for a prescription for methamphetamines, a completely legal substance.

Examples of Schedule IIN stimulants include: amphetamine (Dexedrine, Adderall), methamphetamine (Desoxyn), and methylphenidate (Ritalin).