Ups not scanning packages same day it's picked up (On Topic Please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdjeni223

hi

I came across this forum while I was searching for answers regarding my ups packages so I am sorry if this is the incorrect thread in advance but I appreciate any help on this.

I work in a small business and we have a daily drop trailer pickup scheduled. A ups trailer gets dropped in the morning and we load our packages, it's scheduled to get picked up by the driver in the afternoon. I noticed that on two occasions the trailer gets picked up but there is no movement on my packages/tracking. When I contact the local terminal they said it's likely because they haven't unloaded the packages yet even when it's the next day already.

Does that normally happen with ups where they pickup the trailer with our packages say on a Monday afternoon but not scan or unload them till Tuesday afternoon? Our customers charge us for any orders that aren't scanned the same day the label was created. Is there anyway to get in contact with ups to receive some sort of credit to offset those late charges from our customers?

I appreciate any response to this!
Thank you
Jennifer

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So they drop off an empty and swap it with another empty after you have filled the first one? Yes, those packages should be processed the same day that they are picked up.

Call your account executive.

By The Book

As long as UPS delivers the packages on the day they are supposed to be there shouldn't be any problem. Definitely call your account representative so they can look into it for you and let you know.

worldwide

This time of year, there are no guarantees, are there?

"Peak-season service guarantees: UPS Air and international Air packages picked up or delivered within the United States are guaranteed throughout the holiday season. Commitment times for Air and international Air packages scheduled for delivery Nov. 25, Dec. 18–Dec. 24 and Dec. 31 will be extended as follows: UPS Next Day Air Early and UPS Worldwide Express Plus will be extended by 90 minutes and all other Air and international Air services will be extended to end-of-day. The guarantee is suspended for UPS Ground and UPS Standard shipments picked up or scheduled for delivery between Nov. 27–Dec. 3 and Dec. 18–Dec. 24. For further details, visit ups.com for the UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions. Service guarantees are subject to change.

Additional time-in-transit: From Nov.21 to Dec.30, a limited number of UPS Ground and UPS Standard packages, with transit times of three or more days, and with specific origins and destinations, will require an additional day in transit. All UPS 3 Day Select shipments tendered Dec.19–20 will require an additional day in transit"

https://www.ups.com/media/news/en/UPS_PeakSeason.pdf

xdjeni223

How do your customers charge you for not being scanned

Our customers are retailers. We ship out the packages on behalf of them to their customers. The retailers require us to have the packages scanned at the terminal the same day it's picked up. This is to prevent us from just printing out the shipping label and having it sit there.

xdjeni223

Thanks for your suggestions everyone. Those packages were all ground so they should still be on time to be delivered. It's just I thought it was odd that ups would leave packages in their trailer for a whole day. I do know they are super backed up during the peak season but I will contact the account exec and let them know, hopefully they can provide us some form of credit for any late fees we incur from our customers.

Thanks again!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Our customers are retailers. We ship out the packages on behalf of them to their customers. The retailers require us to have the packages scanned at the terminal the same day it's picked up. This is to prevent us from just printing out the shipping label and having it sit there.
Sounds like someone needs to write your contracts better.

barnyard

KTM rider
At the top of this forum, there is a stickied thread for customers that have questions about their packages. Start there.

Status
Not open for further replies.