UPS Package or has it become UPS Freight

El Correcto

god is dead
You seem like the type who would cross during a strike.
He’s the type that does a lot of things that undermine the very reason he wants the job to begin with.

People are afraid to file or let a route fail thinking they’ll lose their job. At that point you’ve already lost your job. You are doing a job you didn’t sign up for, renegotiated under the table. Working harder for peanuts compared to what you could have and stressing what you shouldn’t.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Guess im just lucky then. My building is great, yes days are heavy, I completely filled an 800 during pickups. Still only worked 9 hrs. And i mean tetris style competely filled one. Roughly 300 pieces many of which were large
I filled a 1200 with as many as 25,000 small boxes and envelopes thousands of times in my career.
Picked up 125,000 envelopes one day at one of my pickups.
I delivered an average of 1200 packages a day

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
62B2C202-B9D9-4AEE-AE03-84999842905A.gif
Or you refuse and say no and make it clear you arent willing to help a certain driver and they ask someone who will “wad”. thing is i will deliver overweights. I dont complain anymore about my load. I deliver whats given to me and i go home. I make sups lives easier and they return in kind. So, yes, i will refuse and nothing will come of it. Granted i work at a small building and for the most part everyone gets along. Its not a hostile work environment. You couldnt pay me enough to work at a hub. Enjoy your ot and 60 hrs a week. Ill keep enjoying my life away from ups.

Nj187

How many actually carry 70 lb packages(give or take) on own (no existing equipment used), whether 50 yard driveways or 10 yard. Apparently as far as I know 70 lb should be without help. Is that feasible daily? Or enforceable

Rack em

Made the Podium
How many actually carry 70 lb packages(give or take) on own (no existing equipment used), whether 50 yard driveways or 10 yard. Apparently as far as I know 70 lb should be without help. Is that feasible daily? Or enforceable
I used to carry stuff around 70lbs without using the handcart, but anymore if it's more than 60lbs I bust out the handcart. I realized how much strain I was putting on my back.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Depends upon the size and shape of the package.

OrionsBitch

Not...
Article 44 of the master says differently

"Packages over 150 pounds shall not be picked up. However, if such
a package is discovered in the UPS system, the package shall not be
handled by a bargaining unit employee unless such package can be
reasonably broken down into packages which do not exceed 70
pounds."

Package movement should be stopped and a freight company contacted and shipper charged to move the package
What is the definition of a barganing unit employee?