Ups pcs in the snow?

Holydriver

I notice a few replies that seem to point the finger at the owner of the car. Do you guys really believe the owner who chose not to drive on the snowy roads, should come out, clear the snow from the vehicle and around the vehicle. Then attempt to move the her vehicle, risking hitting the UPS truck and being at fault? I dont thing anyone in the right mind would do that, and for what? To save a billion dollar company money? Her car was parked? Its insane to think the lady was the problem.
i think you missed the part about her "wanting me to hit it"

oldupsman

In my 32 years in package car I never had one that did well in the snow.
UNLESS.
You had a full set of chains on. Then I never had a problem. I doubt they supply you with
a full set of chains anymore. And I doubt that a young person like yourself would know how
to put on a full set of chains in the snow anyway.

The old man will shut up now.

Mr.Helper

Bring a shovel made for heavier grade digging. My driver and I got stuck pretty bad despite having the UPS provided chains on. He and I wound up digging our way out. Had we no shovel we'd never had gotten out unless we dug by hand or waited for a tow. And bring extra chains just in case any fail.

ChicagosPrimeMinister

What rhmyes with UPS?
I notice a few replies that seem to point the finger at the owner of the car. Do you guys really believe the owner who chose not to drive on the snowy roads, should come out, clear the snow from the vehicle and around the vehicle. Then attempt to move the her vehicle, risking hitting the UPS truck and being at fault? I dont thing anyone in the right mind would do that, and for what? To save a billion dollar company money? Her car was parked? Its insane to think the lady was the problem.

I offered to dig it out in order to avoid hitting it. She was going to work anyway so it really shouldn't have been a problem.

rod

Retired 22 years
UNLESS.
You had a full set of chains on. Then I never had a problem. I doubt they supply you with
a full set of chains anymore. And I doubt that a young person like yourself would know how

From what I read on here oldupsman the drivers today don't have to deliver if there is a couple of snowflakes on the ground. All they do is enter the package as EC and go on FMLA leave for six months.

Anthonysg0113

UNLESS.

I've got the bag 'o chains in my P12. But the weight of the car with the load, it bites right down to the pavement. It's like a tank in the snow.

stealth8

The good old days!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1451873028.138996.jpg
    ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1451873028.138996.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 302

Anthonysg0113

I really don't miss that although I wouldn't mind spinning a few donuts in a parking lot with an old P800 like I used to. I got really good a drifting in a UPS truck.
New sport? They're de-commissioning the three remaining "Old" P800's we have at our center this year. That's sad because they will never build a more sturdy package car ever again. Whether it was liked or not.

Last edited: