Ups pcs in the snow?

Method$

Keep your tires cold(don't burn rubber you'll only make ice with your warm tires). Steering with the throttle isn't just fun, it can save your hide as well.

Method$

My boys love the Disney Cars movies. As Doc Hudson says "if you find yourself going hard enough left, you'll be steering to the right".

10 point

It kinda is
No sir. It's not.
We are not required to put them on.

You are required to do one thing per FMCSA law after being stuck along side of or in the right of way (out of the corp limits or after dark in a resi or business in corp limits) but I've never heard that brought up in a pcm.

Do you know what that one thing is and how to implement it?

Method$

Well that doesn't make me feel safe! No to mention in all my training the red box has been brought up 0 times. Have to ask on my yearly with my sup. I'll know less then than I do now....

DOK

I drove a little bit last year in snow , but my route was right next to my hub and was very flat, I heard the pcs are like bob sleds in the snow but I'm wondering from upsers experience how bad they are . My route isn't to "hilly" but looking at the forecast this week and seeing 4-6 inches (first of year) I'm going over my route in my head and thinking about a couple hills that I see my self sliding down . (Or not)? Ughh I hate winter ! Any tips would be awesome too.

Don't stop going uphill or you're done.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Just to quantify my first post, if you are scared to drive in slippery conditions, stay home.

Or, learn how to deal with those conditions.

We have a handful of drivers who call out if there is even a threat of a flake. Pu%#ies!!! They are the same guys who call out when it's ridiculously hot in the summer. I can think of better reasons to burn a sick day.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
We have a handful of drivers who call out if there is even a threat of a flake. Pu%#ies!!! They are the same guys who call out when it's ridiculously hot in the summer. I can think of better reasons to burn a sick day.

@Cementups, you know the country up this way. I ran rural routes for all but 6 years.

Never once called off because of the weather. Bad weather days were easy days.

Cementups

Box Monkey
@Cementups, you know the country up this way. I ran rural routes for all but 6 years.

Never once called off because of the weather. Bad weather days were easy days.

Yup, my route 5 years ago was like that. It would get really bad at night and they would send me messages to bring it in. I would ignore them. Then they would call and ask why I wasn't listening to them. I would tell them, "If I don't do it today then I have to do it tomorrow. And I don't feel unsafe at this point, so I'm fine." It's all about being comfortable with your equipment.

budlight

hey friend* face
how to turn left by steering to the right

A) When in doubt, gas it out.

2) Anybody but Schatz

C) I had something else for this, damn you beer... Eta, Oh yeah! Cocopah Winter Heat started last weekend. Pretty awesome knowing racing is starting up again! :hapydancsmil::wootsmiley::punk::runcirclsmiley2:

Last edited:

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Bring a shovel made for heavier grade digging. My driver and I got stuck pretty bad despite having the UPS provided chains on. He and I wound up digging our way out. Had we no shovel we'd never had gotten out unless we dug by hand or waited for a tow. And bring extra chains just in case any fail.
In our area we get a single chain to hook up to get out of a stuck situation. Most times we have to add more than one chain to get out and a few times( not me mind you) had someone take out a house window and car window with the chain flying off the wheel

Indecisi0n

Today I see most drivers run home because of the snow not because they don't want to drive in it but they don't want to chance getting stuck and being charged with an accident.