Ups Peak Sucks!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yeah.. Same old peak for me, new cnter manager, new part-time supervisor, new splitter, two new loaders on my belt.

New rules that every PAL must be circled, every HIN written on every box loaded onto every truck.

New supervisor claiming employees are sabotaging the operation by moving too slow. Old employees standing firm that they're (he's) working as directed.

:censored2: storm at the end of every day. I've put in 4 grievances this week for supervisors working, only because I'm anticipating not being employed putting up with this bull:censored2: for very much longer.
Once they have trainees on the belt...they fight every grievance on sups working...but I know what you mean. I peeled PAL labels for years...no crayons. When they laid down the law a few months ago during summer peak about no peeling Pal's...must write HIN numbers on all packages, no exceptions....I anticipated it being a giant PITA. I'm used to it now...it doesn't slow me down in the least anymore. It gets easier....hang in there. It isn't worth quitting over.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Jibbs...one trick is only write the first 2 numbers on some packages. If I walk in with a package 3825...I glance at the shelf...see 37...okay then you go here. I don't always writr the whole HIN on every single package. As long as I don't get misloads..my sups don't care.

J

jibbs

Fired or quitting?

Truthfully? It seems like a toss-up at the moment. I feel like I've got a target on my back sometimes and, whether or not that's true, the anxiety of never knowing where I stand with my management as a team and as individuals from one day to the next is :censored2:ing with me.

Nothing's ever good enough, you're never working fast enough, you didn't load accurately enough the day before, can't spare help for you because we're helping so-and-so with his 6 boxes on the rollers while you're backed up to the wall, "just brick that :censored2: out" the supervisor tells me, and then the center manager comes around wondering why it looks like a feeder truck took a :censored2: in the back of my PCs at the end of the shift and telling me I need to sign this and that and that other thing and this one too and why are these boxes backed up? BECAUSE YOU STOPPED ME FROM WORKING WITH THIS gosh darn PAPERWORK, YOU :censored2:.

I think I just need to go get a Xanax 'script and everything'll be okay.

Jibbs...one trick is only write the first 2 numbers on some packages. If I walk in with a package 3825...I glance at the shelf...see 37...okay then you go here. I don't always writr the whole HIN on every single package. As long as I don't get misloads..my sups don't care.

I signed a piece of paper saying I would follow the methods outlined above my signature. I'm following them to the letter. As far as I know, doing anything other than that will subject me to possible disciplinary action that will likely stick.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We're NEVER going to be fast enough or good enough...ever. That goes without saying. When we hear silence from management is when we are doing a good enough job. But you shouldn't expect help. I never want help...ever! I don't care of I'm backed up the belt to the high volume guy. The most help is stack for me...don't anyone else load a package. I will not be blamed for misloads that other idiots load. But it is what it is...turn up your ipod and load and ignore their BS. It's the same schnit, different day.

oldngray

nowhere special
We're NEVER going to be fast enough or good enough...ever. That goes without saying. When we hear silence from management is when we are doing a good enough job. But you shouldn't expect help. I never want help...ever! I don't care of I'm backed up the belt to the high volume guy. The most help is stack for me...don't anyone else load a package. I will not be blamed for misloads that other idiots load. But it is what it is...turn up your ipod and load and ignore their BS. It's the same schnit, different day.
you-suck.png

J

jibbs

I only expect help when people are sent to the belt. They stay away from my side regardless, though. It just irritates me that I'll have 4-5 trucks with about 350-600 pieces each to load every single day, and I look across from me and see a new hire (not brand new, like a month in) with two trucks to load having his hand held by a supe' and touching maybe half of the packages meant for his trucks. The rest are loaded by the supe. It's not training, either, it's here, you load this one truck, I'll load the other, and we'll have that guy across from you with 5 trucks sort every tote that comes down the belt.

I think I'm just fed up is all it is. Happens every now and again.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
They started messing with my loader because he pissed them off and told him he had to put the load/hin on every package. He did every package...literally every package even envelopes. So say the load is 224 and hin 4927, he was writing both on every single thing. We both figured that they'd tell him to stop after a couple of days of this and them having to send him 4 other loaders to help wrap along with me having to give away air in the morning from leaving so late, but it was actually my DM that he pissed off so calling their bluff didn't work.

He went on vacation for a week and when he came back he went back to not writing anything anywhere and nothing has been said and we're back to all his trucks being wrapped by the time I get out of PCM.

J

jibbs

They started messing with my loader because he pissed them off and told him he had to put the load/hin on every package. He did every package...literally every package even envelopes. So say the load is 224 and hin 4927, he was writing both on every single thing. We both figured that they'd tell him to stop after a couple of days of this and them having to send him 4 other loaders to help wrap along with me having to give away air in the morning from leaving so late, but it was actually my DM that he pissed off so calling their bluff didn't work.

He went on vacation for a week and when he came back he went back to not writing anything anywhere and nothing has been said and we're back to all his trucks being wrapped by the time I get out of PCM.

Techie, I feel like you're one of the drivers I load for.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

They singled him out or did every loader have to write the same thing??

When we first went back to writing HINs...they wanted Route #, bay # and HIN # written on every package!! I only wrote HIN's and they never said Boo to me about it. Idiots. Why not have me write a personal greeting on every package too? Dear customer, this box was lovingly loaded by BB58...lmao

J

jibbs

If I quit, it's not going to be some premeditated thing. It'll happen in an instant and I'll hate myself for it afterwards.

J

jibbs

"Extra" break? Lol, you guys don't know how good you've got it with your mandated breaks and mp3 players and cell phones....

My breaks last about 30sec and consist of trying to inhale as much of a nicotine smoke cloud as I can without collapsing a lung.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Techie, I feel like you're one of the drivers I load for.
Nah, you've posted you work on a belt--we have boxlines of cages. You posted you have guys working across from you--my truck doesn't have anyone across from it--My truck is near a wall of the building. You had that conflict with the other worker back about 6 weeks ago, but my loader didn't. You also said you don't work in a hub--I drive out of a pretty large hub.

J

jibbs

Oh no, I know I'm not your loader. Just saying your post draws a lot of parallels to what I'm currently experiencing, without using those words.

...I should probably just say what I mean in the future, huh?