UPS pilots finally get a new contract.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
3 percent yearly pay raise.

We need to demand the same. That what IMHO is a fair raise that barely covers inflation
3 % does not cover inflation. you are believing Uncle Sam? the inflation rate is probably double or triple that. they don't factor in all prices, only the ones that suit them. our cable went up 10 %, our food bill went up about 15 % over the last year, ditto for electric/water/garbage.

every year without fail utilities go up. housing has skyrocketed in the last year, college, textbooks, etc. does anything ever come down? maybe gasoline . anything else?

3% is not even standing in place. it's going backwards.

Faceplanted

3 % does not cover inflation. you are believing Uncle Sam? the inflation rate is probably double or triple that. they don't factor in all prices, only the ones that suit them. our cable went up 10 %, our food bill went up about 15 % over the last year, ditto for electric/water/garbage.

every year without fail utilities go up. housing has skyrocketed in the last year, college, textbooks, etc. does anything ever come down? maybe gasoline . anything else?

I agree 100%.

But 99% of drivers are happy with the crap raises we get

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I agree 100%.

But 99% of drivers are happy with the crap raises we get
yes, you must thank god we are union. the last non union job I had in 1992-3 was paying 12 dollars and hour. my friend is still working there and now he is making 16 dollars an hour. no pension. no sick days, no holidays , one week vaca. still living paycheck to paycheck and hoping and praying he will live long enough to collect social security.

I guess we should be grateful for what we get even though it is disgusting to see the company make almost a BILLION dollars in profit every quarter. that's why it is so important not to depend on any one thing. max out the 401k, IRA's if you qualify , pay off the house or buy down. save , save, save .... and always prepare.

I don't understand the employees who when they get their yearly raise go out and buy a new truck, RV, boat, harley , or go to Hawaii thinking they are doing it on the company dime. they are spending their futures.

Orion inc.

I like turtles

Don't worry, you've stated you're a multimillionaire many times retired.

You can always fall back on that stripper career you brag about

Faceplanted

yes, you must thank god we are union. the last non union job I had in 1992-3 was paying 12 dollars and hour. my friend is still working there and now he is making 16 dollars an hour. no pension. no sick days, no holidays , one week vaca. still living paycheck to paycheck and hoping and praying he will live long enough to collect social security.

I guess we should be grateful for what we get even though it is disgusting to see the company make almost a BILLION dollars in profit every quarter. that's why it is so important not to depend on any one thing. max out the 401k, IRA's if you qualify , pay off the house or buy down. save , save, save .... and always prepare.

I don't understand the employees who when they get their yearly raise go out and buy a new truck, RV, boat, harley , or go to Hawaii thinking they are doing it on the company dime. they are spending their futures.
FedEx express drivers get bigger raises % wise then us. Their top out is also in the high 20s last I heard. It takes a while to get there though

I talk to the express guy on my route often. His favorite part of fedex is coaching his daughters little league team in the evening

Unions are good but not what they were. The non Union vs Union argument is not as one sided as it was even 10 years ago

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

FedEx express drivers get bigger raises % wise then us. Their top out is also in the high 20s last I heard. It takes a while to get there though

I talk to the express guy on my route often. His favorite part of fedex is coaching his daughters little league team in the evening

Unions are good but not what they were. The non Union vs Union argument is not as one sided as it was even 10 years ago
If the express driver is topped out, he is likely to have 20+ years. No one under 15 is topped out. You also have a good pension and free health insurance. Anyone hired in the last 13 years has no pension, just a 401k and a portable pension account that doesn't amount to much. I would take your pay and benefits in a heartbeat, even if it meant longer hours. A lot of you guys truly don't know how good you have it or what it's like to work with no union representation.