UPS PT EMPLOYEE BORROWED BY PACKAGE

Dttocs

I am a PT Feeder Shifter working in the HUb. Im certified to drive air and on occasion asked to deliever ground. My primary job feeder dept. says I could no long be borrowed while Im working as a shifter, but they as a department (feeder) borrow combo & Pt employee's straight from the hub everyday during the hub employees current job. How can they do one thing and not allow me to get borrowed by package who pay a significant amount more hourly. Word is if they do it to/for another emoloyee that they need to honor it for every other employee after. Any thoughts?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Article 40 might help.
(2) Employees certified on the Exception Air Driver list who have not worked over forty (40) hours in the current work week shall be offered this work by seniority.

If they're not using someone with less seniority than you then I'm not sure there's any issue here.

Dttocs

Article 40 might help.
(2) Employees certified on the Exception Air Driver list who have not worked over forty (40) hours in the current work week shall be offered this work by seniority.

If they're not using someone with less seniority than you then I'm not sure there's any issue here.

I agree. The union and company have come to an agreement but feeder dept. is saying I need to finish my primary job/bid first. This passes up the opprotunity to drive air because my shift isnt over til 10:30am. Im going to show them this Article 40. Thanks.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I agree. The union and company have come to an agreement but feeder dept. is saying I need to finish my primary job/bid first. This passes up the opprotunity to drive air because my shift isnt over til 10:30am. Im going to show them this Article 40. Thanks.
Ya I don't think they're really gonna care if you show it to them or not. Probably best to get with your steward to work it out.

Dttocs

Ya I don't think they're really gonna care if you show it to them or not. Probably best to get with your steward to work it out.

True

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
you want to shift during a preload operation then run air? good luck with that nightmare request

that's like a driver dropping a route so he can go work the LS on time lmao

Dttocs

Not a request. Its been handed to me. Only thing is Feeder is not releasing me, when Im certified, signed up, experienced, and wanted a bump in pay. Not to mention late air means a refund. Package/air takes precedence

Last edited by a moderator:

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Where I am feeders comes first throughout the building. If we are slow and working in package, feeders can call and tell them not to let us punch in if we are needed by feeders.

Indecisi0n

Want overtime? Leave the shifting position and give it to someone who doesn't want the overtime. Then you can get all the OT you want.

Dttocs

That is for the big money management to figure out!
yeah, the solution is for him not to run air lol

how is this even a discussion, unless the shifter is just there as a precaution, it would be crazy to take him away from that position

As a PT shifter I make $23hr as a Air driver its $28, ground $36. Its a no brainer for me to want to go drive. As a PT shifter I can get borrowed from the centers as long as Im on the exception list which I am. Plus " I heard" that a position that pays you more as a borrowed employee takes priority due to the pay raise and top classified training "driving class"

Indecisi0n

As a PT shifter I make $23hr as a Air driver its $28, ground $36. Its a no brainer for me to want to go drive. As a PT shifter I can get borrowed from the centers as long as Im on the exception list which I am. Plus " I heard" that a position that pays you more as a borrowed employee takes priority due to the pay raise and top classified training "driving class"
You heard wrong. You can't go into a different classification and start bumping people.

PT Car Washer

You may have "heard" that, but where is it written in the contract? Your primary job comes first unless management feels otherwise.

Dttocs

You may have "heard" that, but where is it written in the contract? Your primary job comes first unless management feels otherwise.

I do work my primary job everyday. I just leave early to drive. Contract for Air Driver states it goes my company senority. And Article 40 doesnt say in order to be borrowed I have to finish my primary job. Just says to sign up and make your self available