UPS PT EMPLOYEE BORROWED BY PACKAGE

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I do work my primary job everyday. I just leave early to drive. Contract for Air Driver states it goes my company senority. And Article 40 doesnt say in order to be borrowed I have to finish my primary job. Just says to sign up and make your self available

I would think that the "I have to finish my primary job" rule would be implied.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I do work my primary job everyday. I just leave early to drive. Contract for Air Driver states it goes my company senority. And Article 40 doesnt say in order to be borrowed I have to finish my primary job. Just says to sign up and make your self available
Who is getting the exception air work if you don't run it?

PT Car Washer

You stated earlier that your primary job isn't over until 10:30. Too late to run air.

Dttocs

Who is getting the exception air work if you don't run it?

In my hub air/package take priority. So they could borrow me at anytime. My Shifting managers pull from unload,sort aile, load side all they time to fill vacancies. These are PT employees with 2-3 years max as well as combo. So they are doing the same thing package is doing. Not to mention the high senority package drivers that are being promoted to feeder cuz more package coverage issues.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You're not an air driver though, you're a shifter. If you wanted to be an air driver you should have bid it instead of shifting.

Dttocs

You're not an air driver though, you're a shifter. If you wanted to be an air driver you should have bid it instead of shifting.
There are no PT air driver positions at my hub. Im technically an exception air driver. An exception to the rule you can say. As long as Im on the list and made myself available Im able to be borrowed/pulled from my shifting position. Regardless the contract isnt clear on this topic. It just says It goes by senority and if I have worked less then a 40hr week

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There are no PT air driver positions at my hub. Im technically an exception air driver. An exception to the rule you can say. As long as Im on the list and made myself available Im able to be borrowed/pulled from my shifting position. Regardless the contract isnt clear on this topic. It just says It goes by senority and if I have worked less then a 40hr week

I am also an exception to the rule but for far different reasons.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
sounds like feeder closed a loophole that package was using to work you driving air. the language you used, specifically make myself available is the stickler. i would interpret that as meaning after your original shift is complete. if your a shifter until 10:30 than i would assume that technically your available at 10:31

Dttocs

sounds like feeder closed a loophole that package was using to work you driving air. the language you used, specifically make myself available is the stickler. i would interpret that as meaning after your original shift is complete. if your a shifter until 10:30 than i would assume that technically your available at 10:31

Heres whats there saying now:

If I want to drive air/ground just to show up only to drive, dont report to shift. Great thats good news, but my shifting job is in the early mornings. My argument is as an exception air driver the driving work is not guaranteed. Meaning if i skip shifting then show to drive and its a light day Im screwed with no work that day. My shopstuart said I need to report to shifting then I could drive. Problem is driving has been borrowing me early, before my shift is over, stating they have permission, and the right to utilize

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

If I want to drive air/ground just to show up only to drive, dont report to shift. Great thats good news, but my shifting job is in the early mornings. My argument is as an exception air driver the driving work is not guaranteed. Meaning if i skip shifting then show to drive and its a light day Im screwed with no work that day. My shopstuart said I need to report to shifting then I could drive. Problem is driving has been borrowing me early, before my shift is over, stating they have permission, and the right to utilize
You said there's no bid air drivers, and they're using exception air drivers with less seniority than you. Is that after their primary job is complete or are they pulling them off their primary job early like they were previously doing with you?

Dttocs

You said there's no bid air drivers, and they're using exception air drivers with less seniority than you. Is that after their primary job is complete or are they pulling them off their primary job early like they were previously doing with you?

Both air drivers are coming in before there shift even begins. And not even reporting to there primary bid shift. I at least have been faithful in reporting for 2-5hours daily