UPS Q2 earnings released today 8/8

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Carols playing the long game
Get rid of a bunch of pensions now
Then next contract buy everybody else out
Poof pension obligations gone
Wall Street jumps up and down they are so happy
As a shareholder and employee I have no confidence in her leadership. I hope she is bounced out on her butt before the next one.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Carols playing the long game
Get rid of a bunch of pensions now
Then next contract buy everybody else out
Poof pension obligations gone
Wall Street jumps up and down they are so happy
Probably why they’re propping up some funds, anticipating more retirements.

DriverNerd

Kinda surprised UPS delayed the report until after the tentative agreement. People were saying it was because they would show big profits and hurt their negotiations but they were way down from last year.

Saw another article today saying UPS's outlook for the coming year isn't good between a slowing economy and much higher wage costs. On top of the lost business due to breakdown in talks last month.
They still are paying out billions for dividends and stock buy back.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The strike bunker is fully operational
I hired a bunch of illegal Mexicans to finish all the upgrades
1691545537628.gif

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Has UPS ever done a pension buyout? With the influx of new drivers in the last 3 years I kind of suspected them to consider something like that this contract.

Over70irregs

I was told never ever give up pension. It is the only thing that sets us apart. We are it guys without us the blue collar man is donzo.

moldsporh

because they would show big profits and hurt their negotiations but they were way down from last year.

Or UPS bought alot of equipment before the end of Q2

The market has been a roller coaster ride with inflation, it will stabilize and grow again. Takes time for people to realize they need to cut spending and adjust their lifestyle.

It will bounce back, and we will be plenty busy for peak.