UPS rehiring?

IESucks

I worked as a package handler during December of last year until about mid January. Being incredibly frustrated since we were understaffed during peak made me quit without notice, I just called my sup and said I quit.

I realize that this was incredibly disrespectful and unprofessional of me to do, but after thinking back on it once peak was over I would've actually kind of enjoyed working at UPS. Would there be a chance of me contacting HR and being hired again? They have every reason as to why they wouldn't, and I understand that but I just want to know if it's even worth trying.
No

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You threw away a golden opportunity in life. You always have to have a plan A and plan B. This is one of the very few jobs with only a high school diploma that you can make 6 figures as a driver. Your lack of good judgment by quitting could result in a sub par life/lifestyle with life long regret. Take the L take it as a lesson learned and grow up!

UPS is no longer the "golden opportunity" that it used to be.

Mr. Sir

Box slinger
I worked as a package handler during December of last year until about mid January. Being incredibly frustrated since we were understaffed during peak made me quit without notice, I just called my sup and said I quit.

I realize that this was incredibly disrespectful and unprofessional of me to do, but after thinking back on it once peak was over I would've actually kind of enjoyed working at UPS. Would there be a chance of me contacting HR and being hired again? They have every reason as to why they wouldn't, and I understand that but I just want to know if it's even worth trying.
Nope . Apply at the FedEx Hub down the road.

Last edited:

Heavy Package

Would there be a chance of me contacting HR and being hired again? I just want to know if it's even worth trying.

Getting re-hired at UPS is easy. Just "be yourself"

f0deebad17274be675667f1c83c59fb8.jpg

Refused/NR3

Gotta disagree with you there. UPS is not a good fit for many. Finding out early is a very good thing.
I strongly disagree with you! We have guys that push brooms that are dumb as rock but because they have the seniority for the position they make $33 an hour with plenty of overtime. If that's not a golden opportunity in life I don't know what is.

I strongly disagree with you! We have guys that push brooms that are dumb as rock but because they have the seniority for the position they make $33 an hour with plenty of overtime. If that's not a golden opportunity in life I don't know what is.
Called Porters and current pay rate is $34.60/hr. Also car washers both FT and PT. Most of us are going to stay until we can't crawl into the building anymore.