UPS rehiring?

R

rst81

I worked as a package handler during December of last year until about mid January. Being incredibly frustrated since we were understaffed during peak made me quit without notice, I just called my sup and said I quit.

I realize that this was incredibly disrespectful and unprofessional of me to do, but after thinking back on it once peak was over I would've actually kind of enjoyed working at UPS. Would there be a chance of me contacting HR and being hired again? They have every reason as to why they wouldn't, and I understand that but I just want to know if it's even worth trying.

john chesney

I worked as a package handler during December of last year until about mid January. Being incredibly frustrated since we were understaffed during peak made me quit without notice, I just called my sup and said I quit.

I realize that this was incredibly disrespectful and unprofessional of me to do, but after thinking back on it once peak was over I would've actually kind of enjoyed working at UPS. Would there be a chance of me contacting HR and being hired again? They have every reason as to why they wouldn't, and I understand that but I just want to know if it's even worth trying.
You’re probably on a no hire list. If you’re on the list you won’t be hired back

R

rst81

I'll just seek employment elsewhere, I shouldn't even bother since I made the decision to quit. Thanks for the replies everyone.

R

rst81

Put yourself in your supervisor’s shoes—-would you rehire someone who didn’t even have the balls to quit face to face?
No. Which is why I'm not going to try, like it would matter if it's face to face anyway. Most people that quit during peak just leave without a word from what I've seen/heard when I was working. Hell, we had 2 guys straight up just walk out and never come back when our belt broke down and we had to start moving the packages along by hand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Refused/NR3

No. Which is why I'm not going to try, like it would matter if it's face to face anyway. Most people that quit during peak just leave without a word from what I've seen/heard when I was working. Hell, we had 2 guys straight up just walk out and never come back when our belt broke down and we had to start moving the packages along by hand.

You threw away a golden opportunity in life. You always have to have a plan A and plan B. This is one of the very few jobs with only a high school diploma that you can make 6 figures as a driver. Your lack of good judgment by quitting could result in a sub par life/lifestyle with life long regret. Take the L take it as a lesson learned and grow up!

R

rst81

You threw away a golden opportunity in life. You always have to have a plan A and plan B. This is one of the very few jobs with only a high school diploma that you can make 6 figures as a driver. Your lack of good judgment by quitting could result in a sub par life/lifestyle with life long regret. Take the L take it as a lesson learned and grow up!
Roger, will do.

Yolo

Wouldnt count on it. But I've seen people quit without notice and get their job back at my hub. HR couldn't find anyone else that wanted the job. I mean the dude threw away all of seniority, raises, insurance. But he was rehired.

I have heard of former employees coming back after quitting. At $10/hr UPS is desperate to fill openings. This should all change when the starting wage goes to $15/hr. A lot of people will be weeded out and UPS can be more selective at who they hire and keep.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
If your building is like mine they’d hire the bum who sleeps outside the 711 in a Disneyland coat with syringes laying around his head....I think you have a chance...it doesn’t hurt to apply