UPS Rising App

5habits100

Oh my, how innovative!!!

I was told that TDU has had an app like this one for quite awhile.

Looks to me that it takes about 8 months and an oh crap moment to develop these things.

No conspiracy there?
If you only had a clue.

I'm sorry I tried to reason and be respectful to you. It doesn't work with you.

Hopefully you guys get what you want. We strike them, they break the union and you can blame Hoffa. Then you guys will be satisfied.

Save your money. It's coming.

hyena

If you only had a clue.

Hopefully you guys get what you want. We strike them, they break the union and you can blame Hoffa. Then you guys will be satisfied.

We won't have to strike them if they can be reasonable and negotiate in true good faith. We can all win.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If you only had a clue.

Oh?....OK.....I get it.

You will try and "reason and be respectful to me", as long as I agree.

Gotcha.

5habits100

We won't have to strike them if they can be reasonable and negotiate in true good faith. We can all win.
After they spend billions raising the starting wage rate for part-time employees, then the spend billions fixing the pensions and spend billions on the healthcare what else will be left?
The full-time people want more money in their checks also.

Save your money now. When we strike and your coworker cross and they will where will you be?

A

Article 3

If you only had a clue.

If the demeanor of the ibt has truly changed and the newly appointed folks are serious about supporting the members in a balanced way it appears that this will get settled early because both sides have a lot to lose. It's going to be a difficult balancing act for the central region for sure BUT we've started communication earlier and in a broader way so that is a positive change.

After they spend billions raising the starting wage rate for part-time employees, then the spend billions fixing the pensions and spend billions on the healthcare what else will be left?
The full-time people want more money in their checks also.

Save your money now. When we strike and your coworker cross and they will where will you be?
There's a lot of different mindsets in a union membership. There's animosity left over from the last CBA debacle as well and that doesn't help.
The only thing that will fix this early is being able to sell it to the stewards and the respected BAs (there are some of those BAs left) early and support them in ways that helps to make them assured that there's no surprises this time. Stewards can pass a contract if they are honestly informed and supported.

In the Central Region they have worked tirelessly to reach out. Many have seen it. And those that understand the ramifications of stupidly just voting NO know that it's Showtime for this membership.

A

Article 3

Oh my, how innovative!!!

I was told that TDU has had an app like this one for quite awhile.

Looks to me that it takes about 8 months and an oh crap moment to develop these things.

No conspiracy there?
I believe the Steward's Toolbox selection on their (TDU's) site is similar and has been there for years ahead of this app.
The contract and supp/riders have been downloadable for years and word search has made it easy to look up info. I've had it on my phone for a long time.

Any positive change is good. The attitude that lingers in the Central Region is one of "wait and see". Check the vote tallies in the general election and anyone can see that there's a lot of ground to make up to win the confidence of these members.

5habits100

I believe the Steward's Toolbox selection on their (TDU's) site is similar and has been there for years ahead of this app.
The contract and supp/riders have been downloadable for years and word search has made it easy to look up info. I've had it on my phone for a long time.

Any positive change is good. The attitude that lingers in the Central Region is one of "wait and see". Check the vote tallies in the general election and anyone can see that there's a lot of ground to make up to win the confidence of these members.
A stewards guide book was sent to the Local Union's 10 years ago and again 5 years ago. The contract has been available on the IBT's website for years.
This is a positive change and some still want to be negative.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

ANOTHER 20% raise for THEM!!

A

Article 3

A stewards guide book was sent to the Local Union's 10 years ago and again 5 years ago. The contract has been available on the IBT's website for years.
This is a positive change and some still want to be negative.
We never received ANY stewards guide books here.
I'm not trying to convey negativity. Here we are trying to better ourselves with quality info and interaction.
We'll have to go outside the local for that but we're trying.

5habits100

We never received ANY stewards guide books here.
I'm not trying to convey negativity. Here we are trying to better ourselves with quality info and interaction.
We'll have to go outside the local for that but we're trying.
No one should have to go outside the local for information when it is given to them specifically for the stewards.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
No one should have to go outside the local for information when it is given to them specifically for the stewards.
Yet that is exactly what I had to do also.

When I first caught wind of these steward guide books in the summer of 2014, through my own networking shortly after the contract was imposed, I was only able to obtain one from another steward in another local, who was kind enough to mail me one.

My local chose to hold onto them for almost year, when they made them part of a so-called stewards seminar goody bag.

A

Article 3

That's not our reality. We heard that books were our in other locals but it was months after ratification we had to call the pkg division (KB) and he told us that was a local issue.
A couple of months later we got some tiny pamphlet.
This is the uphill battle many face. It takes more character to trust others when you don't experience that same level of honesty at home.