UPS Rising App

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I haven't downloaded the app yet.

What permissions does it ask for before and after downloading?

I always pay attention to that.
You need to verify your name and local. They cross reference it to validate with email. Took a few hours to email me back. You can use it without validation but are limited.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You need to verify your name and local. They cross reference it to validate with email. Took a few hours to email me back. You can use it without validation but are limited.
How would an email validate your membership status?

Sounds like a TU data mining tactic that you were railing against recently?

wide load

How would an email validate your membership status?

Sounds like a TU data mining tactic that you were railing against recently?
Because there is a service that allows you to input grievances. It creates the info and sends a copy to you and your steward. Email isn't a requirement for validation. The difference being an IBT app and not a campaign agenda. Nobody is required to use the app.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Because there is a service that allows you to input grievances. It creates the info and sends a copy to you and your steward. Email isn't a requirement for validation. The difference being an IBT app and not a campaign agenda. Nobody is required to use the app.
Nobody was required to fill out a contract pledge card either.
They were free to fill out all, some, or none.

My Local uses a four page, color coded grievance form that has to signed by the grievant.
Not sure how this app will be able to mesh with that?

Sounds like manusha to me.

I'll download it this weekend, when I have time to play around with it.

Last edited:

wide load

Nobody was required to fill out a contract pledge card either.
They were free to fill out all, some, or none.

My Local uses a four page, color coded grievance form.
Not sure how this app will be able to mesh with that?

Sounds like manusha to me.

I'll download it this weekend, when I have time to play around with it.
The TU card is just that. Info going to TU. This isn't a H&H2021 app. It's an IBT app. As far as your multi grievance form? We have the same. The app is to be used as the violation is fresh in your mind. Kinda like a note pad. Sections for WHO, WHAT, WHERE etc. But like you said, play around with it. Decide for yourself.

Gimme Danger

L25, L251, a host of other locals, and now IBT package division are keeping up with technology and more advanced communication. These are good things. Member communication is key, feedback to leadership is very important. We need to be on the same page to beat the big brown bully.

wide load

L25, L251, a host of other locals, and now IBT package division are keeping up with technology and more advanced communication. These are good things. Member communication is key, feedback to leadership is very important. We need to be on the same page to beat the big brown bully.
Well put. Once the company sees that we are linked like chain, they will realize we can't be broken.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Only you would use a Sanskrit term referring to an IBT initiative, or does your delivery area now include ancient India?
I'm not even sure if it is a real word, or if I spelled it correctly?

There was a local disc jockey on my city's top AM radio station, that is nationally acclaimed, who use to used that term in place of :bsbullf:

He would then blow the caller up with an explosive sound effect.

His show won awards annually and was very funny.
He's since retired, but the manusha lives on.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Facebook groups, cell phone apps???

Could it be that the IBT is finally waking up and realizing it's 2017 and not 1950?

Interesting how much clarity can be realized from a near miss.
Wasn't it a huge deal when locals could start using iPads at grievance meetings....??? This should have probably been happening years ago??? What's the company afraid of??? They have used enough technology against us over the years..

A

Article 3

Wasn't it a huge deal when locals could start using iPads at grievance meetings....??? This should have probably been happening years ago??? What's the company afraid of??? They have used enough technology against us over the years..
Like the high tech instrument we use at the state panel to record the hearings?
IMG_20170811_234223.jpg

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
When did that happen?