UPS Rising App

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I thought I had read about different locals on here being able to use them....
My BA's wouldn't know what to do with a tablet in a hearing.

I bring mine all of the time.
I use it to take notes and reference contract language via pdf search functions.

In another building in my Local, our Labor Manager insisted that two stewards lock their phones and tablets in their cars before he would proceed with a local level hearing, on suspicion that they may record the proceedings.

That Labor Manager is now answering to labor charges on the matter.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

I use it to take notes and reference contract language via pdf search functions.

In another building in my Local, our Labor Manager insisted that two stewards lock their phones and tablets in their cars before he would proceed with a local level hearing, on suspicion that they may record the proceedings.

Interesting...they can video and record all they want but we try it and all hell breaks loose!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Get this....

.....the BA actually backed up the Labor Manager in that hearing, also insisting that they just go ahead and put their phones in their cars.

Cats and dogs sleeping together make for a cute picture for pet lovers, but is sickening in the Union arena.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Get this....

.....the BA actually backed up the Labor Manager in that hearing, also insisting that they just go ahead and put their phones in their cars.

Cats and dogs sleeping together make for a cute picture for pet lovers, but is sickening in the Union arena.
Should have demanded that the labor scrub so put their phone in the car also....

A

Article 3

That was more than 59 bucks... I can remember my mom buying one of the first walkmans and I think that was close to 200 bucks back in the 80's
I bought a Panasonic for about $60.
My weekly paycheck was about $120.
Gas was.50¢/gal.
Candy bars were 10¢ except Heath and they ranged from 15-25¢ each (outrageous).
Cigarettes we're about 50¢ or a little less.

P.S./ The state college I was accepted to cost $18/credit hr.
Yeah, it was around $60...
Half of my weekly paycheck.

Last edited by a moderator:

5habits100

When did that happen and what is the Local Unions response?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
When did that happen and what is the Local Unions response?
Within the last two months.....

......and again the BA sided with the LM.

There was no response from the Local Union, but labor charges were filed by the two stewards as individuals, so the Local will have no standing to withdraw them.

A

Article 3

Within the last two months.....

......and again the BA sided with the LM.

There was no response from the Local Union, but labor charges were filed by the two stewards as individuals, so the Local will have no standing to withdraw them.
Our local union withdrew a steward's NLRB charges to kiss the company's rear end when the steward was thrown out of the room while trying to represent a driver who contemplated discipline.
The attorney from the Labor Board told the steward the Pres of our local had them nullified. Then the Pres lied about it at a membership meeting.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Our local union withdrew a steward's NLRB charges to kiss the company's rear end when the steward was thrown out of the room while trying to represent a driver who contemplated discipline.
The attorney from the Labor Board told the steward the Pres of our local had them nullified. Then the Pres lied about it at a membership meeting.
My Local has not withdrawn any of my charges, but has for others.

They probably know that if they withdraw mine, that I would not only refile as an individual, but would also file on them.

They actually sent a letter to all of the stewards in our local, stating that if you file as a steward, they may withdraw the charges.

I suppose, in some incidents, I could see where it might be justified if it put an undue liability on the Local?

I just file as an individual.
It's easy to get the fact that I am a steward on the record during my deposition.

A

Article 3

They probably know that if they withdraw mine, that I would not only refile as an individual, but would also file on them.

They actually sent a letter to all of the stewards in our local, stating that if you file as a steward, they may withdraw the charges.

I suppose, in some incidents, I could see where it might be justified if it put an undue liability on the Local?

It's easy to get the fact that I am a steward on the record during my deposition.
None of our stewards are paid. They have to pay all of their union dues as well. When the local nullifies a slam dunk labor charge against an abusive Center manager without even talking to the steward there is a problem. The president of the local asked a steward why he cared so much and this steward who was shocked to hear this question ask the president who was the business agent as well why he didn't care at all. What a joke. People like that should never have a job as an official that is supposed to represent hard-working people. It doesn't bother them when people get screwed over because they don't really care.

It's all about the money and retirement down the road with multiple pensions.

When the nlrb reverses State panel decisions where the union sided with the company against the employee there is a huge problem. That is one of the reasons people are po'd.

5habits100

Did you get the decisions yet?

5habits100

None of our stewards are paid. They have to pay all of their union dues as well. When the local nullifies a slam dunk labor charge against an abusive Center manager without even talking to the steward there is a problem. The president of the local asked a steward why he cared so much and this steward who was shocked to hear this question ask the president who was the business agent as well why he didn't care at all. What a joke. People like that should never have a job as an official that is supposed to represent hard-working people. It doesn't bother them when people get screwed over because they don't really care.

It's all about the money and retirement down the road with multiple pensions.

When the nlrb reverses State panel decisions where the union sided with the company against the employee there is a huge problem. That is one of the reasons people are po'd.
It's getting better by the day

5habits100

Nothing has changed here...by the day or year.
The Local 20 news just fuels the fire. We deserve to not be subjected to this. What have any of us done to be treated this way?
JC41 did not mess around. Which is why all parties involved were suspended. It proves things have changed.