UPS Rising App

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
No one is blaming anyone with a good local for having a good local vs those that don't.

Good Local vs. Bad....

That's a matter of perception.

If it bothers you maybe look at the heart and intent of the person posting it and you will understand the drudge of (continuous) half hearted support others endure.

Quite an existential statement.

What constitutes a "bad" Local.... in your mind ?

I really want to know.

-Bug-

A

Article 3

Good Local vs. Bad....

That's a matter of perception.

Quite an existential statement.

What constitutes a "bad" Local.... in your mind ?

I really want to know.

-Bug-
A local=BA(s) and those officers who collectively or separately represent members in hearings and negotiate CBAs.
A bad local has weak representation (lazy, disconnected and uncaring BAs).

A bad local has BAs that favor the company instead of the members on issues that are clearly spelled out supporting the members in the CBA.

A bad local never shows their face in the member's worksites unless there's a hearing. Never.

A bad local (continuously) makes the stewards do all the investigating, info requests and doesn't help the stewards with decisions from panels that are helpful in the local grievance issue.

A bad local never trains their stewards. Ever.

A bad local withholds info from stewards about a newly implemented CBA even tho the steward's info has been available for months. (This ties in with the no training issue above.)

A bad local pulls the steward and grievant out of a local hearing and tells them that he's going to withdraw the grievance on the table because he can't win it but the steward protests and afterwards wins the grievance in spite of the dishonest BA.

A bad local thinks only of their bank balance vs what they should be doing to serve the membership.

A bad local has an Eboard that allows an officer to threaten someone during a membership meeting and does nothing about it.

A bad local (BA) upholds decisions against members at the second step hearing and the union's decision gets overturned by the NLRB later making the member whole.

A bad local ba allows the company labor manager to ridicule stewards and members during grievance hearings without saying a word.

A bad local ba is one that knows the union has a good grievance and then allows the company to exempt back pay, settling it at the local level.

Shall I go on?

Sadly, I could write a book on corruption at this level. I have too much pride to sit back and watch this happen. Unfortunately, other people know what I'm talking about.
It's called fraud and deals are made behind closed doors.
"Dishonesty" pretty much wraps it up.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
A local=BA(s) and those officers who collectively or separately represent members in hearings and negotiate CBAs.

A bad local has BAs that favor the company instead of the members on issues that are clearly spelled out supporting the members in the CBA.

A bad local never shows their face in the member's worksites unless there's a hearing. Never.

A bad local (continuously) makes the stewards do all the investigating, info requests and doesn't help the stewards with decisions from panels that are helpful in the local grievance issue.

A bad local withholds info from stewards about a newly implemented CBA even tho the steward's info has been available for months. (This ties in with the no training issue above.)

A bad local pulls the steward and grievant out of a local hearing and tells them that he's going to withdraw the grievance on the table because he can't win it but the steward protests and afterwards wins the grievance in spite of the dishonest BA.

A bad local thinks only of their bank balance vs what they should be doing to serve the membership.

A bad local has an Eboard that allows an officer to threaten someone during a membership meeting and does nothing about it.

A bad local (BA) upholds decisions against members at the second step hearing and the union's decision gets overturned by the NLRB later making the member whole.

A bad local ba allows the company labor manager to ridicule stewards and members during grievance hearings without saying a word.

A bad local ba is one that knows the union has a good grievance and then allows the company to exempt back pay, settling it at the local level.

Shall I go on?

Sadly, I could write a book on corruption at this level. I have too much pride to sit back and watch this happen. Unfortunately, other people know what I'm talking about.

It's easy to sit back in the "catbird" seat and fling accusations.

Unfortunately....

Most will talk, rather than invest a personal (financial) stake in trying to change things.

I have no respect for members, that are all "mouth".

-Bug-

A

Article 3

It's easy to sit back in the "catbird" seat and fling accusations.

Unfortunately....

Most will talk, rather than invest a personal (financial) stake in trying to change things.

I have no respect for members, that are all "mouth".

-Bug-
You're not talking to a "most" category member.
If you only knew how much has been invested to right the ship I believe you'd be amazed.
I don't waste valuable time with whining.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Shall I go on?

Then I must have an awesome local eboard.......I see 6 officers in my bldg once a week guaranteed sometimes twice.......sometimes in our bldg from 7am till 9pm......as a steward they take on all of my grievances and if they believe that a grievance has no merit they explain why they believe that and ask me what I want to do and further more if I have a question no matter how minor it is I can talk to any of the officers even if they don't directly handle the bldg I am in and they are all willing to help

A

Article 3

Then I must have an awesome local eboard.......I see 6 officers in my bldg once a week guaranteed sometimes twice.......sometimes in our bldg from 7am till 9pm......as a steward they take on all of my grievances and if they believe that a grievance has no merit they explain why they believe that and ask me what I want to do and further more if I have a question no matter how minor it is I can talk to any of the officers even if they don't directly handle the bldg I am in and they are all willing to help
You are blessed. Don't ever take it for granted.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Posturing ?
Ups Rising.jpg

UnconTROLLed

perfection

Shall I go on?

This is why I won't shed any tears when the U.S. is coast-to-coast RTW. And you didn't even mention violence and other aspects of the iBT.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
This is why I won't shed any tears when the U.S. is coast-to-coast RTW. And you didn't even mention violence and other aspects of the iBT.
You should shed many tears if RTW becomes countrywide. I am a 30+ year FedEx Express employee. As you know, we have no union protection. As a result, our insurance and pensions are now a joke. The only reason we get raises is because it's the only way FedEx can keep people. We've had benefit after benefit eliminated. The only thing keeping UPS from running rough shod over y'all IS your union. I read enough on here to know it's not perfect, that there are many problems. Seems to me though, that the pros outweigh the cons. Be careful what you ask for.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Maybe, you think this symbol is a heart.

images

You should shed many tears if RTW becomes countrywide. I am a 30+ year FedEx Express employee. As you know, we have no union protection. As a result, our insurance and pensions are now a joke. The only reason we get raises is because it's the only way FedEx can keep people. We've had benefit after benefit eliminated. The only thing keeping UPS from running rough shod over y'all IS your union. I read enough on here to know it's not perfect, that there are many problems. Seems to me though, that the pros outweigh the cons. Be careful what you ask for.

@UnsurePost just got taken to school.

By @Operational needs.... a veteran FedEx Driver.

-Bug-

LeadBelly

Banned

Beautiful post. Thank you

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It seems some of us have little to no union protection, too, when there should be. When the IBT works together to single people out and actually pit members against members (union and company), you know the corruption is embedded so deep that it will never, ever change.

I've worked in non-union places as well as other union jobs, too. UFCW, AFM..however There is a lot of distrust being under an IBT umbrella. So be careful what you ask for, as well.

My only point was, and is, that just MAYBE the IBT will do their jobs and help EVERYONE, EQUALLY, if they are FORCED to do so. Instead of taking from everyone and only helping certain people.

Last edited:

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
It seems some of us have little to no union protection, too, when there should be. When the IBT works together to single people out and actually pit members against members (union and company), you know the corruption is embedded so deep that it will never, ever change.

I've worked in non-union places as well as other union jobs, too. UFCW, AFM..however There is a lot of distrust being under an IBT umbrella. So be careful what you ask for, as well.
you will respect me or you can get a new line