UPS Rising App

A

Article 3

JC41 did not mess around. Which is why all parties involved were suspended. It proves things have changed.
Suspended. Wooooo. That's showing them.
For setting up a harassed employee to be fired? After she reported sexual harassment and then the perpetrator was then made her boss? And the report said the union's attorney was complicit?

How about kicked out of the union for criminal, malicious and devious actions against a fellow Teamster? (And a woman.)

That might be change we can believe in.
IMG_20170812_174903.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Article 3

I'm not trying to be negative or disrespectful. I just don't understand why we're tolerant on things like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

LeadBelly

Banned
Sometimes walking away from this site and its conversations for a spell can give people perspective. I've been there taking the words here very seriously, but a reprieve will help, in my opinion. Just, that time off the subject will not feel like it's always a parley amongst enemies, but a good proactive discussion amongst close allies.

5habits100

Suspended. Wooooo. That's showing them.
For setting up a harassed employee to be fired? After she reported sexual harassment and then the perpetrator was then made her boss? And the report said the union's attorney was complicit?

How about kicked out of the union for criminal, malicious and devious actions against a fellow Teamster? (And a woman.)

That might be change we can believe in.
View attachment 150428
As a steward I s that what you tell management when a driver or part-timer has a sexual harassment issue? Or do you ask them to give him a suspension and let him know if it happens again he will be permanently gone?
I am not saying what the local did is right but you would have a different opinion if it was a Driver in your center. You would ask management to cut them a break.

A

Article 3

Sometimes walking away from this site and its conversations for a spell can give people perspective. I've been there taking the words here very seriously, but a reprieve will help, in my opinion. Just, that time off the subject will not feel like it's always a parley amongst enemies, but a good proactive discussion amongst close allies.
That works for you because there's a difference.
Some of us step away back into the dark.
The view never changes.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
As a steward I s that what you tell management when a driver or part-timer has a sexual harassment issue? Or do you ask them to give him a suspension and let him know if it happens again he will be permanently gone?
I am not saying what the local did is right but you would have a different opinion if it was a Driver in your center. You would ask management to cut them a break.
Here's the difference, as I see it.

As a steward, I'm representing bargaining unit employees, who are all more or less equal among the masses.
Within a 4,600 member local, these things will happen inevitably.

Now, in the Union Hall, we elect 8 members out of 4,600 to come off the the truck, or out of the warehouse, to represent our interests.

With this in mind, do you think these representatives should be held to the same standards as their constituents, or a higher standard?

My opinion is the latter.

A

Article 3

Considering the whole story as reported...
Not on you life would I beg for someone's job if they continuously sexually harassed a coworker and then set the victim up for firing under bogus charges.
No way.
There's a victim that was evidently fired by these people for being a victim of unwanted sexual harassment.
Are you telling me this is ok... especially by elected officials and an attorney?
This isn't like someone made an unsolicited pass at a lady.

5habits100

Here's the difference, as I see it.

As a steward, I'm representing bargaining unit employees, who are all more or less equal among the masses.
Within a 4,600 member local, these things will happen inevitably.

Now, in the Union hall, we elect 8 members out of 4,600 to come off the the truck, or out of the warehouse, to represent our interests.

With this in mind, do you think these representatives should be held to the same standards as their constituents, or a higher standard?

My opinion is the latter.
Would you file an NLRB charge if UPS held you to a higher standard? Yes you would.

5habits100

Considering the whole story as reported...
Not on you life would I beg for someone's job if they continuously sexually harassed a coworker and then set the victim up for firing under bogus charges.
No way.
There's a victim that was evidently fired by these people for being a victim of unwanted sexual harassment.
Are you telling me this is ok... especially by elected officials and an attorney?
This isn't like someone made an unsolicited pass at a lady.
There are 3 people involved and 3 suspensions. The victim got her job back with backpay as she should have. If it were my wife I would sue the crap out of the local. So no I'm not saying it is ok. It is far from ok but I still believe you would represent a member if they were in that situation.

A

Article 3

There are 3 people involved and 3 suspensions. The victim got her job back with backpay as she should have. If it were my wife I would sue the crap out of the local. So no I'm not saying it is ok. It is far from ok but I still believe you would represent a member if they were in that situation.
From what I read the attorney should lose their license and the rest should step down for their part in orchestrating this cover up and fraud.
Willful actions are a lot more damaging than incidental mistakes.

Suspension only means delaying they'll be back in office making the same compensation and this girl has to work with them again? Is this correct?
If so, it could be just a matter of time......