UPS says Yes to Saturday Ground.

Limper

Out For Delivery
They forced the bottom 35 drivers to work Saturdays, including about 12 bid drivers. It's 35 unhappy people who can't go to their child's soccer games.
Morale, which was bad before, doesn't exist anymore.

JL 0513

They forced the bottom 35 drivers to work Saturdays, including about 12 bid drivers. It's 35 unhappy people who can't go to their child's soccer games.

35 out of how many total drivers in your center? Curious what the ratio is Sat vs Mon.

Just call off and see how many people answer the phone. Or how happy they company will be to pay a driver overtime for the entire day.

Limper

Out For Delivery
35 out of how many total drivers in your center? Curious what the ratio is Sat vs Mon.

We have 80 drivers in our center, but maybe 6 or 8 out with injury, DUI, etc. Saturday cut off was about halfway down, so they forced a few 15 year drivers.

ManInBrown

We have 80 drivers in our center, but maybe 6 or 8 out with injury, DUI, etc. Saturday cut off was about halfway down, so they forced a few 15 year drivers.
WOW. So how do they have enough drivers for Monday is my question? If I am forced to work Saturdays, I will NEVER work a MONDAY. Don't even bother calling me.

ManInBrown

I know, but it has something to do with the company not being able to compell you to work on your normal day off.
They post a Saturday interest list and a Monday interest list each week you can sign, but they decide who on the list they want.
What do you mean a Monday interest list? Why would I have to sign a list to work Monday? That's a work day

iruhnman630

Sounds like for those of us in the bottom half, our lives are about to undergo a significant lifestyle change, and not a good one.

At a time when we are being subjected to increasing and unnecessary points of stress, UPS is preparing to take away the single greatest stress reliever we have...our weekends.

iruhnman630

I'm especially disheartened hearing how much volume UPS is moving to saturdays.

I understand the industry is demanding it, but we are going above and beyond that demand.

Done right, Saturday service could be beneficial. I know when I was a part timer and a Saturday air driver, especially while in college, I would have gladly worked a full day on saturday.

iruhnman630

'Yes, we know you already give up your kids' after school activities and weeknight little league games, but now we need you to give up the weekend tournaments as well.

In exchange, you get to watch Price is Right one day a week.'