UPS says Yes to Saturday Ground.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
They advance loads all the time during Peak.
As of now, no. The whole system needs to be on Saturday ground to advance all the loads efficiently.
Yes, during peak, but as of now, no.

Peak will be used as a time to get more centers up and running Saturday ground utilizing the peak seasonal drivers during startup. The real test will be in January-March on how the company will do this going forward.

jbg77

Seems that if you have several p/u's coming in at 9-930 that not only will the 9.5 list grow but air will be going out late

Limper

Out For Delivery
Saturday ground is new for all of us and it will take some time to work the bugs out. Businesses that are either not open or do not want to receive on Saturdays need to be added to the known closure list. On the flip side, it would be nice to have a sweep of the UPS Store done on Saturday.

No closure list here. Resi's go in the Saturday car and businesses go in the Monday car. UPS stores, drop boxes are being picked up. Sat. Air drivers are gone.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No closure list here. Resi's go in the Saturday car and businesses go in the Monday car. UPS stores, drop boxes are being picked up. Sat. Air drivers are gone.

What about those retail locations that are open and willing to receive their deliveries?

Do you have to make an attempt on all of the NDA?

Limper

Out For Delivery
They haven't worked out retail delivery and pick up yet. As of now, retail gets loaded in the Monday cars.
They also haven't worked out SPC yet. Half our Sat. drivers brought back 25 stops or more. So Monday got slammed and they asked many tues-sat drivers to come in.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They haven't worked out retail delivery and pick up yet. As of now, retail gets loaded in the Monday cars.
They also haven't worked out SPC yet. Half our Sat. drivers brought back 25 stops or more. So Monday got slammed and they asked many tues-sat drivers to come in.

Are they having to force from the bottom up on Mondays?

Limper

Out For Delivery
What about those retail locations that are open and willing to receive their deliveries?

Do you have to make an attempt on all of the NDA?

As of now, no businesses are going out for delivery, except NDA Saturday air.

Also, 12:00 commit on airs.

Last edited:

CleverNameHere

Another point in the :censored2:this job" box. We have all these cake ft and pt obs then package becoming more and more a living hellish nightmare. If management wants to be so involved on the delivery side make package a management only position. What a :censored2: joke. I hope they don't find me the alternative work I need for health reasons so I can sue. Failing that I hope this :censored2: goes out of business. Thanks to ORIONs impact on customer relations that's now a possibility.

Last edited by a moderator:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Another point in the :censored2:this job" box. We have all these cake ft and pt obs then package becoming more and more a living hellish nightmare. If management wants to be so involved on the delivery side make package a management only position. What a :censored2: joke. I hope they don't find me the alternative work I need for health reasons so I can sue. Failing that I hope this :censored2: goes out of business. Thanks to ORIONs impact on customer relations that's now a possibility.

I'm sorry-----what are you babbling about?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Your high aren't you!!

Limper

Out For Delivery
I know, but it has something to do with the company not being able to compell you to work on your normal day off.
They post a Saturday interest list and a Monday interest list each week you can sign, but they decide who on the list they want.