UPS Shooting- San Francisco (Rant & News thread)

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Heard my first smart-assed comment about the tragedy on Friday night, I was at a convenience store in my browns on my way home from work to grab a gallon of milk and some dipstick in line behind me said "wow I never knew UPS could also go postal." I turned around and glared at him for a moment and then wisely decided to be the bigger man and keep my mouth shut rather than dignifying his stupid comment with a response. Some other people in line shook their heads and glared at him also, while giving me sympathetic looks. Best to just let karma deal with people like that...
Happy Father's Day Sober. You are one cool DUDE!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
This is an especially sad Father's Day for me and other UPSer's for sure.

I lost my Dad a few month's ago and the families that lost their son, father, husband in this shooting are having a bad time that I can not begin to imagine.

These drivers went to work one morning and did not come home.

I'm praying for the families .

Hug all of your family everyday.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
So, something else that's been on my mind. At my building, there are several people in management that drive their personal vehicles into the building after we have pulled out. Management sometimes has as much stress and certainly as much ability to be mentally unstable as hourlies. Who checks their vehicle for weapons or bombs? Does this happen anywhere else?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
So, something else that's been on my mind. At my building, there are several people in management that drive their personal vehicles into the building after we have pulled out. Management sometimes has as much stress and certainly as much ability to be mentally unstable as hourlies. Who checks their vehicle for weapons or bombs? Does this happen anywhere else?

They are cracking down on that practice here. Making them enter and leave through the guard shack. They are not happy

10 Pt

I read that the driver in Birmingham drove his car thru the feeder gate and into the building.
How much truth was in that report? I don't know.
People who have worked in those facilities for a decent length of time know the gaps/breeches in security check points and surveillance...

but the management does too.

Evidently, we learn the quickest by pain.
Unfortunately, we learn the quickest by pain.
And to that end some of us never get a second chance to do it right as these (hopefully) innocent victims found out last week.

Remember this if you've forgotten it...

we are the largest shipper in the USA and one of the largest in the world.
If we can't fix our internal security problems how is it going with shipping security across the board.
Good luck. This is garbage.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I read that the driver in Birmingham drove his car thru the feeder gate and into the building.
How much truth was in that report? I don't know.
People who have worked in those facilities for a decent length of time know the gaps/breeches in security check points and surveillance...

but the management does too.

Evidently, we learn the quickest by pain.
Unfortunately, we learn the quickest by pain.
And to that end some of us never get a second chance to do it right as these (hopefully) innocent victims found out last week.

Remember this if you've forgotten it...

we are the largest shipper in the USA and one of the largest in the world.
If we can't fix our internal security problems how is it going with shipping security across the board.
Good luck.
Totally agree.

rod

Retired 22 years
We worked on our cars on weekends and washed them after work in the building for years. Management was never there on weekends and after work they were always gone by 6 pm.