UPS socks

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I just got my "buy 6-get one pair free socks" the other day. My "stealth driver" threw them in front of my door the other day. I was home on vacation this week and neither myself or the dog heard him at the door. Anyway, you don't need a coupon to get them online. But you do have to order one single pair and the six-pack to get the free pair. The extra pair will show up in your shopping cart, you just aren't charged for them. They are 85% cotton and made by Rockport and have the UPS Logo embroidered on both sides. Twin Hill charged me 31.56 counting shipping for them. The Free Pair Offer is over at the end of this month.

I'm getting my Spring wardrobe ready. I'm going on a 7-day criuse May 10, so I am going to order two pairs of Feeder Shorts when I go back to work Monday.:wink2:

Got4wd

I just got my "buy 6-get one pair free socks" the other day. My "stealth driver" threw them in front of my door the other day. I was home on vacation this week and neither myself or the dog heard him at the door. Anyway, you don't need a coupon to get them online. But you do have to order one single pair and the six-pack to get the free pair. The extra pair will show up in your shopping cart, you just aren't charged for them. They are 85% cotton and made by Rockport and have the UPS Logo embroidered on both sides. Twin Hill charged me 31.56 counting shipping for them. The Free Pair Offer is over at the end of this month.

I'm getting my Spring wardrobe ready. I'm going on a 7-day criuse May 10, so I am going to order two pairs of Feeder Shorts when I go back to work Monday.:wink2:

Do you have the web site? I thought all socks came from Cintas now?

barnyard

KTM rider
Do they appear to be decent socks??? I ordered 6 pair last spring and every sock had a hole in them after the 1st wearing. I've got 6 pairs of UPS socks that the elastic is wore out of the cuffs and are getting wore out in the toes too.

I've been wearing Cabela's brown 'guaranteed for life' socks. I just push the cuffs all the way down to the tops of my shoes. They 'look' like UPS socks, just no logo.

I am not going to pay $5+ a pair for socks that I can only wear a day or 2.

Tom B

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
They look good to me, but I haven't field tested them yet. The Twin Hills are a little cheaper than the Cintas socks. I used to buy Rockport shoes, but the last couple of pairs seemed to wear out faster. I hope their socks are better!

barnyard

KTM rider
I sent the following to Twin Hill:
Do you warranty your socks????

I ask because last year, I bought 6 pair and they all ended up with holes in the toes after the 1st wearing and I have seen the Twin Hill pants and their complete lack of durability. After seeing your pants, I am very hesitant spending my own money with your company.

I'll post any response I receive.

TB

barnyard

KTM rider
They look good to me, but I haven't field tested them yet. The Twin Hills are a little cheaper than the Cintas socks. I used to buy Rockport shoes, but the last couple of pairs seemed to wear out faster. I hope their socks are better!

Rockport shoe quality went to hell when the moved their manufacturing to China. It bothers me a lot that Danner is moving more and more of their manufacturing to China.

I wear White's in the summer and I like them, a lot. I hope they don't get the China bug up their ass too....

Tom B

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The last couple of work shoes I have bought are brown and were made by Nunn Bush and have a gel sole and are comfortable. Only $49 bucks compared to the $80 Rockports I used to get and they last a little longer.

barnyard

KTM rider
The White's were $220. I get 3 seasons out of my Danner soles, then resole. I figure if I get 2 seasons on a set of summer soles, they will be a good deal.

Even more off topic, I have 7 pairs of work shoes/boots. 2 pair of Danner 200 gram boots for winter, 2 pair of Danner Light II for spring/fall, 1 pair of white oxfords and 1 pair of danner chukkas for summer. I also have a pair of 1000 gram Rocky's for when it gets colder than -10.

I do not wear any shoes or boots 2 days in a row. I let them dry out for a day, then wear them a day. My danner chukkas are 7 years old and on their 4th soles (original and 3 resoles.) Danner replaced the chukkas with some chinese pos that are not resoleable, so this year, I bought the White's. If they work out, I'll get another pair this fall.

My winter danner's are 3 years old and will both get new soles this year.

I think, in the long run, I am spending about the same for shoes as my coworkers, but keeping my feet and legs happier.

TB

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
The last couple of work shoes I have bought are brown and were made by Nunn Bush and have a gel sole and are comfortable. Only $49 bucks compared to the $80 Rockports I used to get and they last a little longer.
I have been wearing Rockport for about 15 years now.Usually get 6 months out of a pair.I usually pay around $80 for a pair of waterproof.I just found a web site called bargainoutfitters.com.Seems to be an off shot of the sportsmans guide.They have a large selection and I only paid $30 for a pair.Did an internet search and found a coupon for $10 off.That covered the shipping.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Do they appear to be decent socks??? I ordered 6 pair last spring and every sock had a hole in them after the 1st wearing. I've got 6 pairs of UPS socks that the elastic is wore out of the cuffs and are getting wore out in the toes too.

I've been wearing Cabela's brown 'guaranteed for life' socks. I just push the cuffs all the way down to the tops of my shoes. They 'look' like UPS socks, just no logo.

I am not going to pay $5+ a pair for socks that I can only wear a day or 2.

Tom B
I've been "test driving" my rock ports (socks) for the last month or so and just ordered more. I really like them. They are very thick substantial socks, with embroidered emblems not glue on's. So far so good.!!!!!!!

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
I've been "test driving" my rock ports (socks) for the last month or so and just ordered more. I really like them. They are very thick substantial socks, with embroidered emblems not glue on's. So far so good.!!!!!!!
Where can I find these rockport socks?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I went with a New Balance shoe this time and an orthotic insert, total cost of about 175$. Very comfortable and seems to wear well. Very happy with them so far.........

I've been wearing black socks for the last 8-10 years now and have never had a problem in the 5 centers I've worked in.