UPS Teamster Locals, Leaders Meet at Unity Conference to Discuss 2018 Contract

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
You know what's sad? iv personally seen 5 or more employees have to pay for their own travel expenses and lodging to go for a panel hearing that shouldn't have even made it that far on their own dime

Yet my dues get spent for a Vegas trip.
Actually, it's only your dues that are spent.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
IMG_2272.JPG
Lots, but at least they picked a nice, centralized, quiet town like Las Vegas.
Here they could assemble in "unity", in a wide variety of venues.

Maybe some of our self professed @BigUnionGuy 's, who claim to be @Inthegame, could give some figures as to how much of our dues money was spent nationwide for this "Unity Conference".

LeadBelly

Banned
Possibly...but I will be getting laid tonight. Maybe that's makes only one of us. I'll cry after that too cause I'm emotional type of dude.

It appears your fine with one employee coming back to work after the local, and another employee having to pay for his own trip to panel who did EXACTLY the same thing. That's fair!!!

Hope you enjoyed a round of golf and some "food" aka drinks on our dime.
Do you hate on everyone or just the Teamsters? You know you could get elected and make your own mark instead of being an Internet tough guy. I've done both. You have to build up a following. Both take work, but one is a lot easier.

LeadBelly

Banned
Our union wages are soooo good that if everything was as cheap as stated, you could have paid out of pocket for a convention that was imho absolutely unessary
A lot of us could all just go up to feeders, change our phone numbers, and when you get in trouble, you're on your own. You have know clue. Do you kno what kind of father I could be if I was just a package car driver? Do you know how many times I could have not been fired for union involvement? How about put in the back of a cop car, only to be vindicated, get said manager fired, and elected.

You are a hater, plain and simple.

Inthegame

Lots, but at least they picked a nice, centralized, quiet town like Las Vegas.
Here they could assemble in "unity", in a wide variety of venues.

Maybe some of our self professed @BigUnionGuy 's, who claim to be @Inthegame, could give some figures as to how much of our dues money was spent nationwide for this "Unity Conference".
Can't help you there, as I have no idea about anyone but me. Las Vegas sucks, too noisy for me but it's a union city with union hotels. (I'd rather someplace more central but there are a lot of Teamsters out west...) I went because a UPS meeting was scheduled. The mtg was full with interested agents/officers.

The Tuesday Conference was standing room only as was the swearing in ceremony. The attendees respectfully clapped for every member of the new GEB when announced. Didn't here any booing.

I spoke with several attorneys over some labor issues at home, not just in my local but some AFSCME issues I promised a newly elected President I'd help with. So once again, Teamsters are helping all laborers.

Talked with a couple of agents from the West about saturday delivery issues. Mostly concentrated my time with IBT conference/division chairs as they are more directly involved in the nitty gritty.

As much as the ingrates want to believe, there was no golf, yet a record for attendance. Maybe a correlation there?

Haven't been to a Unity conference before, but there is a major contract coming up. This is prep time, and being unprepared isn't wise.

Contract negotiations are expensive. BTW, if there was no unity conference, your dues would be the same.

Faceplanted

Do you hate on everyone or just the Teamsters? You know you could get elected and make your own mark instead of being an Internet tough guy. I've done both. You have to build up a following. Both take work, but one is a lot easier.
Thanks for the motivation. Honestly lately iv been getting tired of what iv been seeing. I'm going to get much more involved and do more to make changes. Wish everybody the best

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Las Vegas sucks, too noisy for me but it's a union city with union hotels.
....built on Central States Pension money.
As much as the ingrates want to believe, there was no golf, yet a record for attendance. Maybe a correlation there?
Interesting verbiage, ingrates?

I'm guessing they break the attendance record every time it's held,....why wouldn't they??

Must have been raining in the desert.....or was it:

I would have loved to play in the poker tournament.

Last edited:

10 Pt

I was there in 1979, the first week of June. It was 126°friend. It was too hot for outdoor golf.

anHOURover

I hate to break the news to you, cupcake....

An elected IBT Official doesn't need your permission.

-Bug-
i love to break the news to you rooster
they are afraid to step foot in 623
last time they LIED to all of us
we don't like liars in PHILLY
do you have any clue what we do to liars?
FACT

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
....built on Central States Pension money.

Interesting verbiage, ingrates?

I'm guessing they break the attendance record every time it's held,....why wouldn't they??

Must have been raining in the desert.....or was it:

I would have loved to play in the poker tournament.

There wasn't any poker tournament.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Thanks for the motivation. Honestly lately I've been getting tired of what I've been seeing. I'm going to get much more involved and do more to make changes. Wish everybody the best

After reading some of your posts in this thread....

My first thought was to respond to each "allegation".

But, that might not be productive.

Seeing that you have an "open mind" and are willing to learn....

Start with the IBT constitution.

Follow it up, by learning your Local Union Bylaws.

Attend the monthly meetings.

There are more than enough members on this site, that can help you.

-Bug-