UPS Teamster Locals, Leaders Meet at Unity Conference to Discuss 2018 Contract

LeadBelly

Banned
I believe that Hoffa Sr allowed the company to go to the two tiered pay.
Think of all the people who would actually retire from the company with 30+ yrs pt time.

It was a good thing for those that got red circled at drivers wages. More $/hr is always good for the economy. This turnover in pt time is not good for the company. Only good for the union... initiation fees, etc.
No no no he was way gone and passed on to the other side by 1982. Not even close.

10 Pt

I believe starting pay for part timers should be around $16 an hour with yearly raises and no cap. Raises every year for every teamster.
Or start them at $18/hr (plus bennies at seniority), negotiated increases and retain them.

10 Pt

No no no he was way gone and passed on to the other side by 1982. Not even close.
Oh yeah, he allowed the company to add permanent part time jobs in 1962 and then the wage disparity expanded from there.

If only the pt timers would vote...
or stay long enough to vote on a CBA.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

How does the Company benefit from high turnover?
Constant starting wage....no union involvement.....typicality guys with 1-5 years are more likely to run and disregard the rules for production......if ups had there way everyone would be replaced before they make top rate in package......that's why they push new guys with no regard for there wear and tear on there body.......there are exceptions to everything but do you think ups would prefer more drivers who are 25 years with the company and 55 years old or more guys 25 years old and 2 years with the company?

10 Pt

Constant starting wage....no union involvement.....typicality guys with 1-5 years are more likely to run and disregard the rules for production......if ups had there way everyone would be replaced before they make top rate in package......that's why they push new guys with no regard for there wear and tear on there body.......there are exceptions to everything but do you think ups would prefer more drivers who are 25 years with the company and 55 years old or more guys 25 years old and 2 years with the company?
From what we were told the drivers with less than 5 yrs ft seniority have most of the accidents. That's got to somewhat offset some of the mindset to keep a revolving door going for drivers.

I believe the company and union are in the same business...
putting money in the bank.

The struggle for survival isn't going away so if you're making good money you'd better keep putting some back.
Fact.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Lots, but at least they picked a nice, centralized, quiet town like Las Vegas.
Here they could assemble in "unity", in a wide variety of venues.

Maybe some of our self professed @BigUnionGuy 's, who claim to be @Inthegame, could give some figures as to how much of our dues money was spent nationwide for this "Unity Conference".
I can't see why this whole thing could not have been done online, saving tons of cash?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Lots, but at least they picked a nice, centralized, quiet town like Las Vegas.
Here they could assemble in "unity", in a wide variety of venues.

Maybe some of our self professed @BigUnionGuy 's, who claim to be @Inthegame, could give some figures as to how much of our dues money was spent nationwide for this "Unity Conference".
I hear ya. I'm sure the newly elected south and central VP's must have hated being dragged over there.