UPS Teamster Locals, Leaders Meet at Unity Conference to Discuss 2018 Contract

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

From what we were told the drivers with less than 5 yrs ft seniority have most of the accidents. That's got to somewhat offset some of the mindset to keep a revolving door going for drivers.

I believe the company and union are in the same business...
putting money in the bank.

The struggle for survival isn't going away so if you're making good money you'd better keep putting some back.
Fact.
Unfortunately guys running off 200+ stops a day and having a minor accident once a year may be more cost effective for ups on paper.....then after 5 years they look to fire them for accidents and start over with a new driver at half the price

Faceplanted

You know what's sad? iv personally seen 5 or more employees have to pay for their own travel expenses and lodging to go for a panel hearing that shouldn't have even made it that far on their own dime

Yet my dues get spent for a Vegas trip.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
You know what's sad? iv personally seen 5 or more employees have to pay for their own travel expenses and lodging to go for a panel hearing that shouldn't have even made it that far on their own dime

Yet my dues get spent for a Vegas trip.
Awwwwww. You gonna cry?

Faceplanted

Awwwwww. You gonna cry?
Possibly...but I will be getting laid tonight. Maybe that's makes only one of us. I'll cry after that too cause I'm emotional type of dude.

It appears your fine with one employee coming back to work after the local, and another employee having to pay for his own trip to panel who did EXACTLY the same thing. That's fair!!!

Hope you enjoyed a round of golf and some "food" aka drinks on our dime.

Last edited:

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Why not have the conference on a Cruise Ship since cost doesn't matter? First class all the way!

The room rates were much cheaper than published. The Conference isn't just for UPS. Every division had different meetings and workshops. I get Vegas emails all the time for cheap rooms. I could have spent anywhere from $29 a night to $137 a night within a block of the host hotel. The food costs about the same everywhere. Stop moaning. If you don't want to attend, stop crying.

Faceplanted

The room rates were much cheaper than published. The Conference isn't just for UPS. Every division had different meetings and workshops. I get Vegas emails all the time for cheap rooms. I could have spent anywhere from $29 a night to $137 a night within a block of the host hotel. The food costs about the same everywhere. Stop moaning. If you don't want to attend, stop crying.
Our union wages are soooo good that if everything was as cheap as stated, you could have paid out of pocket for a convention that was imho absolutely unessary

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Again, it is not their money.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Our union wages are soooo good that if everything was as cheap as stated, you could have paid out of pocket for a convention that was imho absolutely unessary

It isn't worth anything for the members to see and speak with the head of all the depts? It is useless for a member to sit through a strategy session of their division? It wasn't needed after this last national election to try to get on the same page and come together for the next few national contracts? I hear everyone moaning about "transperancy" and now the opportunity shows up to test it and you question it? I make over $35 an hour so I believe that my wages are pretty damn good. I can afford to go to Vegas and I choose to go there when they are having a Conference for my Union. I can either be part of the solution or part of the problem.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Possibly...but I will be getting laid tonight. Maybe that's makes only one of us. I'll cry after that too cause I'm emotional type of dude.

It appears your fine with one employee coming back to work after the local, and another employee having to pay for his own trip to panel who did EXACTLY the same thing. That's fair!!!

Hope you enjoyed a round of golf and some "food" aka drinks on our dime.
#1 your fist doesn't count.
#2 ask @LeadBelly2.0 if I have an issue crushing ass.