Ups testing delivering ground on saturdays

JL 0513

Just had 2 of our drivers in the hospital yesterday for heat exhaustion. Critical condition. They don't care.

Every other morning, the sup announces how many drivers dropped from heat exhaustion the day before. "Stay hydrated!", they say. Yet the 10 hr dispatches keep coming. Whenever extreme weather is forecasted (heat, snow,...), it should be all hands on deck, not "lets figure out the minimum number of routes we can run". Every big snow storm, we still go out with a full dispatch.

Foamer Pyle

Did you not know what you were signing up for when you went driving at ups? This has never been a 9-5 Monday thru Friday job ever.

I get it. Family is important. I'm part of a huge Italian family and we get together all the time. But they know my job might keep me from some things. That's just how it is. I knew that signing up. My wife knows it. And my kids do too. And they don't get mad or angry. They're supportive and we make it work.

Ups isn't going to change that. If you want that 9-5 career, maybe you might want to to consider another career.

I get that the excessive OT sucks. But then get on the 9/5 list and use your 8 hour days. Use the contract to your advantage.

You have to learn to balance the BS and it helps to have a very supportive family.
Maybe when you started it was never an 8hr a day job, but when I started we were lucky to get 2 hours overtime per week. So when you say "don't I know what I signed up for?" Things have changed over 28 years. My first 10 years was great. If they gave you 150, and you were done at 5pm, they were happy to see you in early, and you got paid for eight. Don't need a lecture on what I signed up for. Things were obviously different where you work, or you haven't been around that long.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Maybe when you started it was never an 8hr a day job, but when I started we were lucky to get 2 hours overtime per week. So when you say "don't I know what I signed up for?" Things have changed over 28 years. My first 10 years was great. If they gave you 150, and you were done at 5pm, they were happy to see you in early, and you got paid for eight. Don't need a lecture on what I signed up for. Things were obviously different where you work, or you haven't been around that long.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1472838251.113469.jpg

I'm guessing your attitude that project here has absolutely nothing to do with the issues you've been dealt at ups.

But hey you keep being you with that obviously big chip of resentment on your shoulder.

Good luck with that.

Actually I've been around awhile. 25 years to be exact. I know how the game at ups is played. I play it well and I take the good and the bad and make it work to my advantage. You obviously don't or every post of yours wouldn't come across as whiny.

A majority of us, myself included are putting in 50 plus hours a week. It's the nature of a he industry now. Does it get old? Yep. Is it going to change? Not unless the union, company and people start hating money.

Johney

Just had 2 of our drivers in the hospital yesterday for heat exhaustion. Critical condition. They don't care.

Oh and both were loaded with 260 stops.
Sorry, but I don't see what one has to do with the other. If they got heat exhaustion from not drinking enough whose fault is that? Did they get heat exhaustion from trying to hump out 260 in less than 14 hours? Whose fault is that? I slung cardboard for 25 years in the heat of Florida and never got heat exhaustion,why? cause I drank plenty,cooled down when I felt the need and didn't try and crush some ridiculous over dispatch. Your health and safety is YOUR own responsibility!

Foamer Pyle

View attachment 95086

I'm guessing your attitude that project here has absolutely nothing to do with the issues you've been dealt at ups.

But hey you keep being you with that obviously big chip of resentment on your shoulder.

Good luck with that.

Actually I've been around awhile. 25 years to be exact. I know how the game at ups is played. I play it well and I take the good and the bad and make it work to my advantage. You obviously don't or every post of yours wouldn't come across as whiny.

A majority of us, myself included are putting in 50 plus hours a week. It's the nature of a he industry now. Does it get old? Yep. Is it going to change? Not unless the union, company and people start hating money.
I don't have to like it, and I will complain about how the company treats people nowadays, including myself. I have legitimate health and safety concerns, and I will say it again. The company does not care about anyone's family or their health or well being. Those days are gone. So, you can say I am whining, but I don't have to eat crap and like it, and I know there are plenty of other employees that feel the exact same way.