Ups testing delivering ground on saturdays

JL 0513

You can't spend Monday's with your kids?

He said 2 and 4. I realize it'll change when they get older. But still have Monday's all summer.

Saturdays are all year. It just changes everything. My wife works Mondays so the family isn't together to do family things. Plus, most [extended] family get together's are on Saturdays. That's the only time I ever see these other family members. Aren't most families this way? These functions don't occur on Mondays. Aunts, Uncles, cousins, grandparents, and so on. Would rarely see them anymore.

I'm just stating the way it is. I'm not trying to be all negativity here. Some may think this isn't a big deal but it is particularly those of us with young families. It actually transforms life completely.

Saturdays are all year. It just changes everything. My wife works Mondays so the family isn't together to do family things. Plus, most [extended] family get together's are on Saturdays. That's the only time I ever see these other family members. Aren't most families this way? These functions don't occur on Mondays. Aunts, Uncles, cousins, grandparents, and so on. Would rarely see them anymore.

I'm just stating the way it is. I'm not trying to be all negativity here. Some may think this isn't a big deal but it is particularly those of us with young families. It actually transforms life completely.
And I was lucky to say goodnight to my kids most evenings. Now you can see them Monday after school.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
You may like it better
I know I do, but I have always preferred having the midweek off to do the things I like while all the schvatzs worked. Sure there are things that happen on weekends but it was always nice being able to go fishing and have no one around or being able to go to an appointment without having to take a day off.

JL 0513

You may like it better

I know I do, but I have always preferred having the midweek off to do the things I like while all the schvatzs worked. Sure there are things that happen on weekends but it was always nice being able to go fishing and have no one around or being able to go to an appointment without having to take a day off.

If it was just me, I would prefer it too. But you can no longer be selfish with 2 kids.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
If it was just me, I would prefer it too. But you can no longer be selfish with 2 kids.
Would you believe that UPS is the first job I have ever had where I only worked M-friend. Having kids, that would be the only schedule I would want to work.

rod

Retired 22 years
Would you believe that UPS is the first job I have ever had where I only worked M-friend. Having kids, that would be the only schedule I would want to work.

I never worked a weekend in 30 years at UPS. I always told people who were jealous that I got my 50 to 60 hours a week in in 5 days---I didn't have to drag it out to 6. ( I never told them I probably only averaged 46-48 hours a week except at peak).

Foamer Pyle

They are...they're making sure we still have jobs to support our families.
BS, there is enough work every day to put on extra routes, so we can be home at a decent hour. Overtime should not be mandatory. I can't stand to have something rammed down my throat.

Foamer Pyle

UPS doesn't care about our families or any employees safety. They threw that out the window years ago. So funny to hear them preach about safety, and then they send you out with a 12 hour day in 98 degree weather, or in a hurricane. Their actions tell another story than what their lips are saying. It's like listening to Hilary Clinton.

Orion inc.

I like turtles

BS, there is enough work every day to put on extra routes, so we can be home at a decent hour. Overtime should not be mandatory. I can't stand to have something rammed down my throat.

UPS doesn't care about our families or any employees safety. They threw that out the window years ago. So funny to hear them preach about safety, and then they send you out with a 12 hour day in 98 degree weather, or in a hurricane. Their actions tell another story than what their lips are saying. It's like listening to Hilary Clinton.

Did you not know what you were signing up for when you went driving at ups? This has never been a 9-5 Monday thru Friday job ever.

I get it. Family is important. I'm part of a huge Italian family and we get together all the time. But they know my job might keep me from some things. That's just how it is. I knew that signing up. My wife knows it. And my kids do too. And they don't get mad or angry. They're supportive and we make it work.

Ups isn't going to change that. If you want that 9-5 career, maybe you might want to to consider another career.

I get that the excessive OT sucks. But then get on the 9/5 list and use your 8 hour days. Use the contract to your advantage.

You have to learn to balance the BS and it helps to have a very supportive family.