Ups testing delivering ground on saturdays

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I would imagine they would put a list up for people to work then go by senority. They would have to bring people in to load the trucks and unload the trailers. So maybe they do hours only with no guarantees. Not sure how they would get around all the only work five days thing stuff. However if it is overtime I might do it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would imagine they would put a list up for people to work then go by senority. They would have to bring people in to load the trucks and unload the trailers. So maybe they do hours only with no guarantees. Not sure how they would get around all the only work five days thing stuff. However if it is overtime I might do it.

At first it would most likely be driver load/unload.

oldupsman

I wish I could have worked Tues thru Sat. I think it would have been great. Mondays was always cut a trip
day anyway. You almost always got extra work or some of your business's were closed. Mondays were usually a
pain. You could get alot of personal stuff done on a Mon.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
UPS Tests Saturday Delivery as Web Shoppers’ Clout Increases

The initial test markets include Atlanta, Philadelphia and Los Angeles, according to a person briefed on the company’s plans. The service is expected to start this summer.

While its Teamsters-represented drivers typically work Monday through Friday, UPS’s contract with the union lets it evaluate new services without violating work rules, Gaut said. A spokesman for the Teamsters’ package division, which represents UPS workers, declined to comment on the Saturday tests.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

UPS Tests Saturday Delivery as Web Shoppers’ Clout Increases

The initial test markets include Atlanta, Philadelphia and Los Angeles, according to a person briefed on the company’s plans. The service is expected to start this summer.

While its Teamsters-represented drivers typically work Monday through Friday, UPS’s contract with the union lets it evaluate new services without violating work rules, Gaut said. A spokesman for the Teamsters’ package division, which represents UPS workers, declined to comment on the Saturday tests.

The highlighted portion in the second paragraph is somewhat misleading as there is nothing in the contract that says the Company can "evaluate new services" without violating the NMA. Both the Company and Union had the foresight to add language for an alternate work week schedule to our local supplements.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Dave,

Please stop speculating, with your opinion.

You are a hourly driver.... with no "inside knowledge".

-Bug-

Dave is a management wannabe who had his letter rejected two (three?) times due to 'hiring freezes'.

He also has his nose so far up his management team's butts, he knows the topic of the daily conference calls before they do.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
At first it would most likely be driver load/unload.
No you're wrong. They are going to bid a number of routes t-s in bigger centers, there will be pt preload and reload t-s. Your small center might not even do it due to costs.

The bigger ones will literally run a regular operation.

ManInBrown

No you're wrong. They are going to bid a number of routes t-s in bigger centers, there will be pt preload and reload t-s. Your small center might not even do it due to costs.

The bigger ones will literally run a regular operation.
So you think they will re-bid routes that FT seniority bid drivers are already occupying? How's that going to go over? They can't yank a route out from underneath a bid driver, and re-bid it.

We don't re-bid yearly here. The route is yours until you retire, bid a different route, or go feeders.

upschuck

So you think they will re-bid routes that FT seniority bid drivers are already occupying? How's that going to go over? They can't yank a route out from underneath a bid driver, and re-bid it.

We don't re-bid yearly here. The route is yours until you retire, bid a different route, or go feeders.
They will probably be able to follow their work, or bump, just like when routes went satellite.