Ups then marines

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm on my 4 day being a preloader and I h ate the :censored2: to you'll survivemany I have three package cars and two of them are bulk stops so the outside of my cars and under the conveyor belt are extremely covered and I dont ever get finished until about 8:45 when the driver is all ready to go and I only get finished then because of someone helping me so my questions is if I cant even take preloader you think I could handle the marines
Oh hell no. My little brother has been a Marine for 15 years. If you can't handle preload. ..you think you'll make it through the Crucible?? Fat chance. You hump 10 km with a stress fracture in your foot...must make preload seem like cake.

oldngray

nowhere special
Oh hell no. My little brother has been a Marine for 15 years. If you can't handle preload. ..you think you'll make it through the Crucible?? Fat chance. Hump 10km with a stress fracture in your foot...makes preload seem like cake.

Stress fractures and shin splints are extremely common for Marines.

MendozaJ

UPS does not, in any way, shape, or form, prepare you for the Marines.

And the Crucible is a joke. Survivor-like challenges that you are not meant to succeed at. It's designed to cause frustration to see how the team maintains composure until time runs out. The humps are a walk in the park after 12 weeks of recruit training. The O course is fun. The worst part may be the lack of sleep because up until then, you were getting 8 hours a night.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
UPS does not, in any way, shape, or form, prepare you for the Marines.

And the Crucible is a joke. Survivor-like challenges that you are not meant to succeed at. It's designed to cause frustration to see how the team maintains composure until time runs out. The humps are a walk in the park after 12 weeks of recruit training. The O course is fun. The worst part may be the lack of sleep because up until then, you were getting 8 hours a night.
Apparently reading comprehension wasn't a requirement of recruit training. The question posed wasn't....will working at UPS prepare him for the Marines?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm on my 4 day being a preloader and I hate the :censored2: to many I have three package cars and two of them are bulk stops so the outside of my cars and under the conveyor belt are extremely covered and I dont ever get finished until about 8:45 when the driver is all ready to go and I only get finished then because of someone helping me so my questions is if I cant even take preloader you think I could handle the marines
images-3.jpeg

MendozaJ

Apparently reading comprehension wasn't a requirement of recruit training. The question posed wasn't....will working at UPS prepare him for the Marines?

There is no reason why his decision to quit UPS will translate to failure in the Marines. Some people adapt very well despite not accomplishing much in civilian life. Most of those kids never held a job of any significance.

Boot camp is easy. Being a Marine is hard.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Also I don't mind the hard work I was a unloaded my first day and absolutely loved it
Don't waste your time with any of them, go in coast guard. Easiest of the bunch. I got a buddy who's been in for 20 years, always tells me how easy it is all the time. Good pay too.

watdaflock?

I'm on my 4 day being a preloader and I hate the :censored2: to many I have three package cars and two of them are bulk stops so the outside of my cars and under the conveyor belt are extremely covered and I dont ever get finished until about 8:45 when the driver is all ready to go and I only get finished then because of someone helping me so my questions is if I cant even take preloader you think I could handle the marines

I know grammar isn't your strong point so becoming a writer is not an option. Relax. The job becomes easier.

hints-

Let the belt do the work for you. Work ahead, organizing the belt.
Group packages on the belt in order of your package cars.
Load more than one box at a time.

Stick it out. The job becomes easier.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I know grammar isn't your strong point so becoming a writer is not an option. Relax. The job becomes easier.
hints-

Let the belt do the work for you. Work ahead, organizing the belt.
Group packages on the belt in order of your package cars.
Load more than one box at a time.

Stick it out. The job becomes easier.
More than one box at a time? That's crazy talk. These seaonals act like it's againt.the law to stroll into a truck with more than 2 envelopes at a time.

oldngray

nowhere special
Marines need better boots. Maybe there is someone here who can tell them what they should be wearing. Actually the boots they wear now are way better than the old combat boots I had to wear.

oldngray

nowhere special
When one boot has to do everything it ends up mediocre overall. OK to run in or march in for instance but also causes stress fractures and shin splints.

watdaflock?

OK to run in or march in for instance but also causes stress fractures and shin splints.

Don't get me started......true the boots are to blame for stress fractures or shin splints. We are getting into the conversation about proper fit and support because of pronation issues. heeheehee! ;)