UPS to Fedex

55+

I Left UPS in 1999 after 10/11 years...I haven't looked back since..I wanted to transfer from the Pacific Northwest and have transferred twice since..I have been parttime, fulltime, back to parttime..I finally am up to what I made at UPS when I left. So 13 years (in March) however still not topped out. I will get pensions from both companies. You can still work fulltime somewhere else and draw ur Fedex pension but not teamsters. Teamsters pension rules are pretty clear. No more than 50 hours a month and you can't work for any company that is in the same business as UPS. Parttime can be a good place to start while you look for something better. You would be hired in a heartbeat.

SmithBarney

but don't agree with this; it's totally a conflict of interest

What is the conflict? You are slinging boxes, not making corporate decisions
if you think a handler can sabotage either company, a handler who would continually mis-sort would be gone in no time.

In the end, no conflict unless you are in Management.

P1 Lates

We have quite a few couriers who were ex-ups. A lot of them just could not wait out the 5-7 years of part time (poss more) because of financial pressures and opted for a full time position with Fedex. They actually like getting off at a decent time so they can attend family functions, something many full time drivers for UPS can only hope for.

HomeDelivery

fred, well not really a conflict of interest... i remember a driver in NY that was moonlighting as a parcel handler & was a ground driver during the day.

guess one night he had a "heavy day" but showed up to work the next morning anyways... ended up hitting some pedestrians at a crosswalk because he fell asleep at the wheel.

now with DOT hours stating that you need a 10 hour rest period between driving shifts, it didn't apply since he was slinging boxes <shrugs>

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
now with DOT hours stating that you need a 10 hour rest period between driving shifts, it didn't apply since he was slinging boxes <shrugs>

I'm no lawyer but, I think the 10 hr. rest period law is between any job if one is a driving job.

55+

I'm no lawyer but, I think the 10 hr. rest period law is between any job if one is a driving job.

I think you're right..We had a parttimer who had to quit because she had another job in the evenings..Fedex probably likes this rule. They can dictate what you do on your off time even more than they do already.

HomeDelivery

I think you're right..We had a parttimer who had to quit because she had another job in the evenings..Fedex probably likes this rule. They can dictate what you do on your off time even more than they do already.

Works with Express, Ground/HD should follow suit... either with better pay or enough work so they won't need another job!
-------------------------
I ran into an old co-worker & asked him if he still works 2 jobs & he said nope. His contractor/boss gave him enough work so he doesn't have to run to his 2nd job after he's done with his route.

He used to come in very early (5:30 AM) and helps with the sort/ loads his truck so he's out of the warehouse by 730AM-8 then uses the following technique that MrFedEx has named it as
They call it DAR, for "Drop And Run"

leaving some door tags right on the package - BLANK

or

sometimes sticking the door tags right on the door - BLANK

to be done by 3pm so he can park the package car at home & run off to "moonlight" @ his 2nd job. That was last peak when I saw him burning out fast...

this peak, at least he's happy to be having plenty of parcels to last him the whole day everyday now & is receiving a nice paycheck due to the generosity of his boss & I see him losing weight as well... it's like PEAK every day for him & he likes it :groooansmileyf:good luck to you buddy & pray you don't hurt yourself "running & gunning"

NYdriver

We have quite a few couriers who were ex-ups. A lot of them just could not wait out the 5-7 years of part time (poss more) because of financial pressures and opted for a full time position with Fedex. They actually like getting off at a decent time so they can attend family functions, something many full time drivers for UPS can only hope for.

What does that mean? I don't understand those words lol.

menotyou

bella amicizia
We have guys who work preload when not driving. They HAVE to wait 10 hours before clocking back in from driving to preload. The shift starts at 4 and the casuals who worked late the night before, may have a different start time depending on their clock out time.