UPS to invest in new buildings, new trucks ... Hire more drivers???

over10.5

I doubt any of us drivers will even see a tax break...gotta pay for the rich and multinational corporations to get even more...
The biggest contributors to the Democrat Party are the super rich like Warren Buffet, Jeff Bezos, Hollywood, and multinational corporations. Funny how the Dems claim they hate the rich and corporations yet corporations are their biggest contributors. It's all smoke and mirrors.

Dems don’t hate the rich. Even the wealthy dems you speak of say they themselves should pay their fair share.

Re-Raise

A perfect time to negotiate a contract!

I think Trump has a number of glaring personality flaws, and it is pretty optimistic to think that the tax cuts will provide enough stimulus to the GDP to pay for itself.

But we should get a decent raise.

brownIEman

So was the $5 billion contribution above what’s contractually obligated?

Sort of.
Yes in that as stated it's a voluntary contribution, UPS is not obligated to do it right now. I have no doubt it's being done to mitigate a required contribution later on more than out of any sense of altruism.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Not in Jersey. Property taxes write off capped at 10k. We pay almost 12k a year. Have to eat that 2 grand right off the bat this year.
1243271414_black_guy_laughing.gif

That made my day right there

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
Not in Jersey. Property taxes write off capped at 10k. We pay almost 12k a year. Have to eat that 2 grand right off the bat this year.

like I said about 85%. Even for some in your situation the increased standard deduction and child tax credits may offset that.

You don't eat the 2000 you just pay tax on 2000 more in income at a lower % then before.

Last edited: