Ups to transfer to in/near Palatine, IL?

colsilv

Hey guys thanks for the replies, sorry for long time to get back. I talked with my supervisors, its sounding like I can transfer via the educational transfer. Im looking alot more into this. And the reason I want to be near chicago from milwaukee is there are many more acting opportunities there compared to where Im at now (thats what I like to do when Im not at ups)

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Hey guys thanks for the replies, sorry for long time to get back. I talked with my supervisors, its sounding like I can transfer via the educational transfer. Im looking alot more into this. And the reason I want to be near chicago from milwaukee is there are many more acting opportunities there compared to where Im at now (thats what I like to do when Im not at ups)
Do you mean "More acting opportunities for your S/O" or "I am going to be an actor and will divorce my S/O if they cannot transfer"

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Hey guys. Im a 10 year ups worker from Oak Creek WIs district. Im looking to transfer to the Chicago suburbs with my S/O and we are looking at Palatine or that general area as an option, Are there any ups centers around there I could try to transfer to? I am a loader/sweeper at my oak creek facility if it makes any difference. Thank you.
Greater Chicago area hubs/centers listed in a roughly Northwest to Southeast order: Palatine hub, Northbrook hub, O'Hare Airport gateway, Addison hub, Franklin Park hub, Jefferson Street (downtown Chicago) hub, Westmont center, Bedford Park hub, CACH hub, Lockport center, Harvey center.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
No transfers
Quit and rehire is the only option
If the OP is a PTer (based on his job description of loader/sweeper).....you don’t know wtf you are talking about. Yes, PTers can transfer.

To the OP....go to UPSers.com....search for PT educational transfer, print the pdf and follow the instructions. You will have to apply to and register for a class at a college in Illinois (even just a community college) before you can submit the paperwork for your transfer.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Why in the hell would you move to Illinois and the Chicago area of all places. Woof
Do you have any clue how cheap the cost of living is in Illinois compared to other states? I work in Cook County....I don’t live in Cook county. I can buy a house where I live now for less than 175k that would cost over 500k where I am from originally.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Do you have any clue how cheap the cost of living is in Illinois compared to other states? I work in Cook County....I don’t live in Cook county. I can buy a house where I live now for less than 175k that would cost over 500k where I am from originally.
A select few other states or cities. Like California or New York.

It's not "cheap" by any means.

Where I live in Illinois is cheap compared to Chicago. But I could drive an hour to Missouri,Kentucky, or Indiana and buy for a little cheaper but more importantly pay 1/3 of the taxes.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
If the OP is a PTer (based on his job description of loader/sweeper).....you don’t know wtf you are talking about. Yes, PTers can transfer.

To the OP....go to UPSers.com....search for PT educational transfer, print the pdf and follow the instructions. You will have to apply to and register for a class at a college in Illinois (even just a community college) before you can submit the paperwork for your transfer.

That would be dishonesty and not playing by the rules.

So you are telling him to do something that will get him fired.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
That would be dishonesty and not playing by the rules.

So you are telling him to do something that will get him fired.
I got an educational transfer from NY to Illinois doing exactly what I told him to do. How the hell is that dishonest? Plus I kept my seniority :) .
As long as you attend the classes you transferred to take...there’s no dishonesty involved. But you need to actually apply to a college and register for a class before submitting your paperwork because it says so on the UPS transfer paperwork. They want a copy of your class registration.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
A select few other states or cities. Like California or New York.

It's not "cheap" by any means.

Where I live in Illinois is cheap compared to Chicago. But I could drive an hour to Missouri,Kentucky, or Indiana and buy for a little cheaper but more importantly pay 1/3 of the taxes.
A comparable house/property where I live in IL...taxes are about $3500 a year. In Long Island....it was 12.5k.
Electricity is cheaper and I have gas heat instead of oil which is saving me a ton of $ in the winter.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
A comparable house/property where I live in IL...taxes are about $3500 a year. In Long Island....it was 12.5k.
Electricity is cheaper and I have gas heat instead of oil which is saving me a ton of $ in the winter.
Yes when you compare it to Long Island it's cheaper.

When you compare it to the rest of the USA it's not cheap. There is a reason ppl are leaving Illinois in droves.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
In Missouri I had a 3 year old 3 bed 2 bath nice house paid 150k for it. Property taxes were $1300 a year.

Here I have a 4 bed 2 bath foreclosure that was termite infested and 130 years old I paid 50k for. I pay over 2k a year.

My mom is able to claim about 18 acres as agriculture and that helps a little bit. But she pays a TON on the rest of hers