UPS Truck Hijacked, Driver killed in Shootout

MattM

Locks on the doors would not make any sense.

I don't know how @soberups can determine whether it was a stick or not from that video; in addition, it would make it hard to shift if the driver was crouched on the floor between the seats.
Someone posted a twitter video of the ups truck being towed away. It was on a flatbed out in the open. It wasn’t even covered. Bullet holes and blood everywhere. They’re so insensitive. If it was one of their own, a 100 car procession and a moment of silence. Here, it’s just a junked car they’ll smash and lose evidence on.

Someone posted a twitter video of the ups truck being towed away. It was on a flatbed out in the open. It wasn’t even covered. Bullet holes and blood everywhere. They’re so insensitive. If it was one of their own, a 100 car procession and a moment of silence. Here, it’s just a junked car they’ll smash and lose evidence on.
Back on the old days they would put a tarp over any UPS vehicle that was in a serious accident. Sometimes they would even spray paint over the UPS logo.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Wrong again. I have seen where they can put a seat between the drivers seat and jumper seat when there needs to be an on car and manager riding with a driver.
Was the bulk head door open? Lots of room then. Need to see the body cam footage. That'll answer a lot of questions. If our driver's hands were in the air the cops are toast imo.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
It warms my heart to see the UPSer's support for Frank's family in the wake of his death while doing his job of getting packages to businesses and people in Coral Gables.
https://www.gofundme.com/friend/frank-ordonez-go-fund-me

upload_2019-12-7_22-24-17.png

Last edited:

derrick

Why do you suppose that is? We can get 15 messages a day about being safe, staying focused, the last stop is the most important, crashes other drivers have in other parts of the district that have nothing to do with my day, and whatever other stupid S* they send out but they can't tell people about this.

Why is the feeder driver killed in a wreck, or the tug drivers killed by recklessness, or the driver who was taken hostage and killed on his first day after being released by his FTO not spoken of? They don't even talk about dog bites anymore.

preach thank you finally someone said it

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Some might not believe it or find it amusing but...

We're a brother/sisterhood. I'm sure we'll see more.
View attachment 275083
That's how I see it as well ... I support a strong collective bargaining organization for the workers.

However, I'm sure more than half of this amount was given by people who are not Teamsters.
I know it affected me strongly!
Th image below is from my Facebook page ... I know several management retirees that have given to this from messaging.
If you scroll through the names that have given, most are Hispanic surnames.
They should be recognized as well.

Frank Ordonez.jpg

542thruNthru

That's how I see it as well ... I support a strong collective bargaining organization for the workers.

However, I'm sure more than half of this amount was given by people who are not Teamsters.
I know it affected me strongly!
Th image below is from my Facebook page ... I know several management retirees that have given to this from messaging.
If you scroll through the names that have given, most are Hispanic surnames.
They should be recognized as well.

View attachment 275087

A lot of my fellow drivers and sups here have donated.

I know you live in Georgia but just because they have a spanish surname doesn't mean they don't work for UPS or for that matter a Teamster.

I know my local sent something out about donating. They do it for every teamster that passes away.

I count family members of Teamsters as Teamsters. So I disagree with your more than half numbers.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
A lot of my fellow drivers and sups here have donated.

I know you live in Georgia but just because they have a spanish surname doesn't mean they don't work for UPS or for that matter a Teamster.

I know my local sent something out about donating. They do it for every teamster that passes away.

I count family members of Teamsters as Teamsters.
So I disagree with your more than half numbers.
I count family members of UPSers as UPSers.
So, we can agree to disagree.

Frank Ordonez Extract.jpg

Last edited: