UPS Truck Hijacked, Driver killed in Shootout

Box Ox

I do believe due to the proximity of the criminals to the driver it is possible that the criminals could have shot him.

They’ll be able to figure it out by examining the bullets in the bodies. In any case, the police did this UPS driver like the police did Bonnie and Clyde in 1934.

There should be a way for headquarters to disable a vehicle from afar. It wouldn’t be too hard to implement into the fleet, as you could hire a technical temp role similar to a seasonal hire to fulfill the work, rather than pay an arm and leg contracting it out.

Integrity

Binge Poster
They’ll be able to figure it out by examining the bullets in the bodies. In any case, the police did this UPS driver like the police did Bonnie and Clyde in 1934.
Do you at least admit, however unlikely it is, that there is a possibility that the criminals shot Frank?

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Not to be argumentative because you are probably correct however I do believe due to the proximity of the criminals to the driver it is possible that the criminals could have shot him.
It’s possible our guy was shot by one of the suspects. In that moment, however, a hostage trying to crawl away was the least of their worries.

Integrity

Binge Poster
It’s possible our guy was shot by one of the suspects. In that moment, however, a hostage trying to crawl away was the least of their worries.
I couldn’t comment on the feelings or behavior of a criminal in that type of situation but I do appreciate your willingness to at least join me and admitting the possibility, however remote or not that possibility may be.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I couldn’t comment on the feelings or behavior of a criminal in that type of situation but I do appreciate your willingness to at least join me and admitting the possibility, however remote or not that possibility may be.
Anything is possible, but it seems highly likely to me that Mr Ordoñez was killed by gunfire from the police and not the criminals.

Sol Rosenburg

That's one instance out of thousands of carjackings and abductions that happen einstein and the driver never used or set off the extinguisher, the mob did. We're not talking about a mobbed up riot.
You just drive over them in a straight truck. Odds are that you will probably be killed anyway.

I'd take my chances fighting for my life vs being a dead victim like the company would like to see since we are a "non violent company". That's what a manager told one of our guys years ago. "If you are assaulted by criminals while working the company policy is that you are not to fight back or you will be terminated". Yeah, you'll be terminated all right.
View attachment 275116
These guys fought back reportedly using a box cutter (the irony of that!), a fire extinguisher (as a club, not set off which would be more effective) and allegedly another instrument.
One or two may have been arrested but they all survived.

I care about going home to my wife (how's yours doing?) and children breathing, not in a box so you'll probably have to kill me to abduct my body in a carjacking.

We had a driver get jumped in my building by someone. They Picked the wrong guy, he is a 10th degree black belt and kicked the kids ass in a apartment complex parking lot. Never lost his job, took a few days off, but nothing happend to him.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
We had a driver get jumped in my building by someone. They Picked the wrong guy, he is a 10th degree black belt and kicked the kids ass in a apartment complex parking lot. Never lost his job, took a few days off, but nothing happend to him.
Maybe the labor manager didn't want to sit across from him at his local hearing if he terminated him.

Returntosender

BAAE9CE6-564E-4B70-B060-580339A94FAB.jpeg

derrick

cops killed him and the bystander. they are going to plant evidence and lie to get out of not being sued. people are going to cry about and jump up about it then everyone is going to move on. two years from now they are going to silently cut the bystanders family and the drivers family a check and it will be done. no officers will be fired. then probably ups will get something from the state to not make it a issue like parking ticket forgiveness or cops look the other way when they see a ups truck speeding or something

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
if Frank had been black? ..........whooo-boy BLM would have been all over this.

it doesn't matter what race Frank is......he was one of us .....and everyone at Brown ( and the world ) should be outraged.

I will never forget .