UPS Truck Hijacked, Driver killed in Shootout

Scoot

Got into it with another driver this morning. He was theorizing that our driver was in on the whole thing and that's what we'll find out later. Really pissed me off.

I suppose it's possible but I don't see it and that's not how my mind works.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Even tho we cant pack the company provides a fire extinguisher for emergencies.

It's better to put out a fire before it gets into your truck and I'd rather die fighting than be shot from both sides, trusting in the criminals to be fair and the police to care about my life once the lead starts flying.

You can always get another job but I only knew about one who came back from the dead.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
Loved reading the comments from people supporting Frank on the UPS twitter account for their stupidity to thank the cops for killing a brother.

Dr.Brownz

Not charged the truck, clear out civilians in the surrounding cars, get snipers in place ... that scenario comes to mind.
Bravely charging the perps is not necessarily the best approach.
I do appreciate and respect the bravery of the police but not the tactics.
It wasn't an active shooter situation shooting kids or car drivers at random.

LOL nice armchair QBing. If the cops backed off and the criminals killed even more people it would be "why did the cops waitt?!? There inaction cost lives!"

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's better to put out a fire before it gets into your truck and I'd rather die fighting than be shot from both sides, trusting in the criminals to be fair and the police to care about my life once the lead starts flying.

You can always get another job but I only knew about one who came back from the dead.

How did a fire extinguisher work out for Reginald Denny?

The slightly built driver was pulled from the boxy white delivery truck like a sack of flour, then beaten, kicked and smashed on the top of his head with a fire extinguisher snatched from his vehicle.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
How did a fire extinguisher work out for Reginald Denny?

The slightly built driver was pulled from the boxy white delivery truck like a sack of flour, then beaten, kicked and smashed on the top of his head with a fire extinguisher snatched from his vehicle.
That's one instance out of thousands of carjackings and abductions that happen einstein and the driver never used or set off the extinguisher, the mob did. We're not talking about a mobbed up riot.
You just drive over them in a straight truck. Odds are that you will probably be killed anyway.

I'd take my chances fighting for my life vs being a dead victim like the company would like to see since we are a "non violent company". That's what a manager told one of our guys years ago. "If you are assaulted by criminals while working the company policy is that you are not to fight back or you will be terminated". Yeah, you'll be terminated all right.
20191128_214440.jpg

These guys fought back reportedly using a box cutter (the irony of that!), a fire extinguisher (as a club, not set off which would be more effective) and allegedly another instrument.
One or two may have been arrested but they all survived.

I care about going home to my wife (how's yours doing?) and children breathing, not in a box so you'll probably have to kill me to abduct my body in a carjacking.

Johney

Got into it with another driver this morning. He was theorizing that our driver was in on the whole thing and that's what we'll find out later. Really pissed me off.

I suppose it's possible but I don't see it and that's not how my mind works.
There was a rumor floating around the FNN down here that he had blocked their getaway car in making deliveries. Not sure if that was true or just BS made up nor do I have any idea how someone would know that info.

PT Car Washer

Ever use one of those little fire extinguishers from a package car? Almost enough there to put out a small candle.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Just saw a video on reddit, they had the PC on the back of a flatbed. They didn’t even have the courtesy to cover it up. A guy driving in his car filmed it on the highway, riddled with bullet holes and blood all over the cab and down the steps.

Air Recovery

Just went back and watched a video of it, so :censored2:ing upsetting. But i listened this time to the video. It sounded like a :censored2:ing warzone - first time i saw the vid i didnt have sound on. They fired so many gosh darn shots into that PC

Integrity

Binge Poster
Question:

I am too very disturbed by the videos that are out. It seems so reckless and chaotic but I don’t want to prematurely judge anyone.

Has it been proven and published that it was police gunfire that killed Frank?

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Question:

I am too very disturbed by the videos that are out. It seems so reckless and chaotic but I don’t want to prematurely judge anyone.

Has it been proven and published that it was police gunfire that killed Frank?
No, but it’s an easy conclusion to come to based on the video evidence IMO.